WineBoard
Zardetto Prosecco - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Italian Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Zardetto Prosecco (/thread-7876.html)

- jmcginley1 - 05-15-2005

95% Prosecco and 5% Chardonnay. an amazing wine for the $7.99 my local pusher offers it for. Very refreshing. A lightly floral nose(I have to admit, I have a hard time swirling sparklers to get the most out of the nose, because I don't want to mess with the bubbles...) This is my favorite Prosecco. Flavors of peach and lemon in the entry with the perfect amount of sparkle. A crisp, acidic finish with a touch of slate. Very clean and refreshing.

I have a hard time giving tasting notes on sparkling wine. This wine is really, really good, but I can't rightly explain why.

[This message has been edited by jmcginley1 (edited 05-15-2005).]

- winoweenie - 05-16-2005

Hi jmc1. I 2nd the Zardetto. It's been our " Breakfast of Champions " drink for over a year now. Lovely packaging also. WW
(Think I've posted on it in the Sparkling Champagne thread.)

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 05-16-2005).]

- wondersofwine - 05-16-2005

Your notes are fine jmcginley. Sounds like a nice sparkler!

- stevebody - 05-20-2005

If you like the Zardetto, try the Nini Franco Brut or Bisol's new Jeio(?) Brut. Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've been sampling every Prosecco I can get my hands on for the past three years and I have yet to find one that comes anywhere close to the Mionetto "Sergio". It's a breathtaking wine; as light, delicate, flavorful, and finely-beaded as any Champagne I've ever had, outside of a precious few. It's gonna run ya around $20 but I absolutely promise you that the Zardetto, good as it definitely is, will NOT remain your favorite Prosecco of all.

- winoweenie - 05-21-2005

Yes SB but you can derned near get 3 bottles of the Z for the price of one of yours. WW

- stevebody - 05-21-2005

Good Point. We drink the Zardetto, too, and always enjoy it but, for special occasions, it's always the Mionetto. While I'm here, let me mention the bottle of Lindauer Brut we had, first in Chicago and again two nights ago. What an exceptional wine for $8.99! Persistent bubbles, lots of yeast/orange rind/honeydew flavors. Really good stuff from NZ.

- jmcginley1 - 05-21-2005

Sounds like I should look for the Mionetto. You can't beat the Zardetto for the PRQ, but I am always up for some new tastes.

- jmcginley1 - 06-17-2005

Two more bottles were cracked open a few nights ago to start off the evening. I am the best man in a wedding a few days from now, and I figured this would be a perfect wine to use for a toast with a group of "non-imbibers" (did I spell that right) before the bachelor party. The wine was a hit. Tasting notes are unchanged. I love how clean and refreshing the flavor is. I can (and have) drink this by the bottle(s).

[This message has been edited by jmcginley1 (edited 06-16-2005).]

- Thomas - 06-17-2005

jm,

See if you can find either Bellenda or Ombra Prosecco in your neck of the woods--a little more money, but far superior to Zardetto, especially the Bellenda.