WineBoard
Illuminati Campirosa - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Italian Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Illuminati Campirosa (/thread-7870.html)

- Innkeeper - 12-05-2002

2000 Illuminati, Campirosa, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Cerasuolo ($10.99 Wine Expo). A fabulous wine at a fabulous price. For the uninitiated, a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Cerasuolo is a dry deeply colored rose'. Have had many pinots that were lighter in color. Fills the nose and covers the tongue tip with such massive floral scents and flavors that you would swear it was off dry. Serves up a complexity across the palate that no other rose' can match. Finishes sweetly too. Matched unbelievably with grillpanned ham steak garnished with spinach. Had to arm wrestle Mother for the last glass. She won! Tanks Got there's more in the cellar.

- Kcwhippet - 12-05-2002

IK,

You and Bev sure do eat (and drink) well. We definitely have to get together again, when we have more time.

- Innkeeper - 03-07-2003

Today I found something called salmon chunks in our local fish compartment. They were chunks of local farm raised salmon fillet, that were boneless and skinless, weighing 6 oz each and selling for $2.45 each. They were about an inch thich, two inchs wide, and six or seven inches long. We took two piece of parchment paper and sliced off four slices of onion and lemon. On each piece of parchment we placed two slices of onion, one chunk of salmon on top, and two slices of lemon on top of it secured with tooth picks. Wrapped the parchment around each piece, and secured them on the tooth picks. Placed each package in a baking dish and baked for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. Discarded parchment, onion, lemon slices, and tooth picks. Served with pieces of remaining lemon squeezed ontop, asparagus for her, and lima beans for me.

The salmon was wonderful. Fully, but not over, cooked and tender as can be. For a full fledged fancy dinner for royalty, nap them with hallandaise and fine herbs.

Anyhoo, the wine went so perfectly with the salmon, that I couldn't believe it. This is a fantastic feat for a $11 wine. Roberto says that this type of wine, not necessarily this brand, is his desert island wine, and I can see his point. I love this wine.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 03-14-2003).]

- Innkeeper - 03-14-2003

Did it again tonight. Fantastic!!!

- Innkeeper - 05-13-2003

Oh happy day! Not only did my six 2000 Chateau Lagrange arrive from one source, but eight more Illuminati Campirosas arrived in a box from Roberto.

- Botafogo - 05-13-2003

Glad to be of service, enjoy!

- Innkeeper - 06-03-2003

Had one tonight with chicken legs that were roasted after a good dose of OO, salt, pepper, granulated garlic & onion, and tarragon; accompanied by a nice field thining bunch of lettuce salad with a nice vinaigrette. Wonderful wine. Try it.

- Innkeeper - 08-15-2003

We decided to have our principal meal this afternoon. Had the salmon pieces again, and did make the hollandise to nap them with. Also had batter fried eggplant that was picked this morning, in a batter that had a total of six carbs. Moi also had two freshly picked ears of corn. Of course we had to wash it all down with a bottle of the Illuminati Campirosa. The sun is out, and all is wonderful!

- quijote - 08-15-2003

What batter is that, IK?

- Innkeeper - 08-16-2003

LO-CARB BATTER FOR DEEP FRYING VEGGIES:

2 Eggs (at room temp) separated
1/4 tsp Cream of tarter
2 tbl Full-fat soy flour (not lighter versions widely available)
1/8 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground celery seed
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/8 tsp Granulated onion (onion powder)
2 tbl Grated Italian grating cheese

Sift flour and seasonings together, and grate cheese. Break egg yolks in a custard dish. Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tarter and beat stiff but not dry. Fold in egg yolks, seasoned flour, and cheese in that order.

There are six grams of carbohydrates in this entire recipe. The "secret" is the full fat soy flour which is the grain with the lowest amount of carbs.

- Innkeeper - 09-24-2003

Another bottle tonight with ham steak and spinach. Boy, we're happy that nobody else is buying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Innkeeper - 10-24-2003

Cleaned out the fridge today. Still recovering from vists over the past two weekends from family and other relatives. Finished off the ham from Columbus Day by making a ham loaf. Yeah, the rest of the ham loaf went back into the fridge. Also finished up almost all of the refrigerated veggies. So, what did we wash in all down with? Guess!