WineBoard
2003 La Spinetta Moscato d'Asti 'Bricco Quaglia' - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Italian Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: 2003 La Spinetta Moscato d'Asti 'Bricco Quaglia' (/thread-7507.html)

- TheEngineer - 07-31-2005

This is the brother of the other one that I posted. A different vineyard but much the same effect. In fact, I thick I like this one a bit more.

As with the other, light hay in color and with about as much bubbles as a champagne. Nose of light peaches, other light fruits and a floralness about it. Taste is the same with a bit of lemon/grapefruit zest. Good acidity to make it really really refreshing.

I think that it is the perfect BEFORE meal drink on a hot day. When you come in it from a hot day, sit down and have one of these chilled nicely. You will then not only smile, but have an appetite and be able to eat!

- jmcginley1 - 07-31-2005

I love how wonderful and refreshing a good Moscato d'Asti can be. When done right, they are sweet but not syrupy, with a fun acidity. I love 'em. Coppo's Moncalvina is my current favorite Moscato.

- wdonovan - 08-01-2005

Another vote for the Coppo. It's cheap, good and it makes us laugh. We'll drink three of these for every Sauternes or TBA. The price helps but it sure is an informal "fun" wine. Looking forward to trying a bunch of different M d Astis on our Italy trip next year.

- TheEngineer - 08-02-2005

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for that one. Until then, this one is doing a great job for me! (Still got a few left)

- TheEngineer - 10-09-2005

One more last night (just one left...d@mn these things disappear like wildfire).

Absolutely no variations whatsoever. Each time we open one, we are just delighted with the freshness of the wine. Same notes. Gonna have to order a few more cases next year... when do these come out?

- TheEngineer - 11-13-2007

Two more bottles left and took one tonight. This thing is still beautiful. Less spritz but still with some bubbles left, will have to open up last bottle soon. Wine is denser than before, with a dense peach nose, honey, and seems to be thicker than before. Colour is darker now too, perhaps some oxidation?

When I opened the bottle, there was indication of a leak (sticky on the top and the cork showed signs as well. It could be that this was the problem. I stored this bottle on its side for a while until I saw on the label to not do that. I've had it stood up every since. Anyone else seen instructions like that? Is that true for any other bubbly?

- wondersofwine - 11-13-2007

I think it's true for bubblies in general.

- TheEngineer - 11-13-2007

oh.... I see. I've not had any aged Champagne. Does that happen to Champagne too?

- TheEngineer - 02-05-2008

Found out that I still had two left (one hiding in the back, so took one upstairs and cooled it down a bit more. Like the other bottles, only a iittle spritz now. Nose however, is still pure fresh and clean, finished off in no time....then moved onto a Dusi Zin.