WineBoard
Loring fall mailer - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Pinot Noir/Red Burgundy (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Loring fall mailer (/thread-6798.html)

Pages: 1 2

- dananne - 09-01-2006

Well, the mailer with the '05s arrived today (thankfully, I don't have to rely on the wonderful kindness of Californiagirl this year to order Loring). Anyone planning on ordering and, if so, which ones are your favorites based upon past track records? We only tried one of the '04s (the Keefer). The rest remain resting comfortably in the cellar for now . . .

- Kcwhippet - 09-01-2006

I'll be getting all seven. All are my favorites, though I really like the Rosella's. If you want to try some other Rosella's, try the Siduri and the ROAR. The last is Gary (and Rosella's) own winery (sort of). Adam Lee actually makes the wine, though per Gary's specs.

- oostexan - 09-01-2006

Yeah, I got the mailer today as well and I have no clue which ones to get. I have pretty much decided on the Rosella's and the Gary's as I have had the Siduri and Novy wines from these vineyards. But I have no idea which other ones would make good selections. I have never tried the Loring wines before, so I am not sure what to do.

They all look really, really good. Any other guidance out there?

Mark

- winoweenie - 09-01-2006

Have my mailer in hand and intend to order all 7. The Naylor is a distinct wine and there's just enough variation in the bottlings to make each quite distinctive. Think I've posted on almost every one of these from the 01s forward. WW ( Maybe we could get the Loring lover Buck-i-poo to give his take.hehehe...giggle,snort)

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 09-01-2006).]

- californiagirl - 09-01-2006

I'll be getting Gary's and Llama. I like more fruit forward than mushrooms and dirt. (That's what I tend to get out of some pinots.)

- Kcwhippet - 09-01-2006

Haven't had the Durell because it's new to Loring this year. The Llama is a "who knows" blend each year. This is Naylor's second year. The rest are knowns and Brian does an incredible job every year with them, so they're no brainers.

- jv38 - 09-05-2006

I received the mailer last week. This is my first mailer on wines, ever... I was shocked by the price, mostly because it is over my budget for one bottle. I have heard that this wine worth every penny, and more...
My concern now is if I don't by anything I may be thrown out of the mailing list. So I'm trying to convince my wife that I'm worthy of having at least one...
By the way, do you know if there is a minimun amount to buy?

- winoweenie - 09-05-2006

Actually KC Brian made a small amount of the Naylor in 03. My "allottment was ONE whole bottle and he also put out a small amount of the Durrell in 04. He musta' scored more tonnage as my take is double the bottles from last year. Will open an 03 LLama for lunch today and give my usual skewed assessment. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- Bucko - 09-05-2006

Hey, how come I didn't get my mailer? }:^)>

- winoweenie - 09-05-2006

The postal express encountered more rain than usual on its' semi-monthly jaunt into the western wilderness....PLUS they've run low on 30/30 ammo because of the middle east confick. WW (giggle,snort)

- Kcwhippet - 09-05-2006

Too weird, ww. I have the Durrell in question - Naylor is gone. I was a whole year off.

- wondersofwine - 09-15-2006

I ordered one bottle each of the Gary's, Rosella's and Brousseau. I think last year I ordered two bottles of the Gary's. Is he still making a Clos Pepe? Maybe that's on the spring offering? I received my Biale mailer also and ordered 1 bottle of Monte Rosso Zin, two half bottles of Zappa (a Zin/Rhone blend) and one bottle of Royal Punishers (Petite Sirah). The Aldo's Zin was already allocated to club members and I think some of the other Zins were offered in the spring. I have two bottles of Black Chicken Zin on hand but plan to open one this weekend or next week. (I also ordered from Williams Selyem--Pinot Noirs--and they must expect to fill my order because they cashed the check.) Enough for now! No more mailers until spring please!

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 09-15-2006).]

- Kcwhippet - 09-15-2006

Did two each of all seven on the Loring mailer. Clos Pepe will be in the spring mailer along with the Ranch Ontiveros, Cargasacchi and I think one more.

BTW, I got Loring's Chard last year which you won't find on any of his mailers.

[This message has been edited by Kcwhippet (edited 09-15-2006).]

- dananne - 11-23-2006

Has anyone received their shipment yet?

I thought that they were going to be shipping a few weeks ago, but we haven't gotten it. We're eagerly looking for it . . .

- Kcwhippet - 11-25-2006

We got ours last Wednesday which was the day you asked the question, Dan (a little late on the uptake). I think he started the shipping up north to the cooler states and is working his way down south.

- wondersofwine - 11-27-2006

I was beginning to wonder about my shipment, but it came last week.

- oostexan - 12-12-2006

Just got my shipment of 12 bottles yesterday. Yippee! Gonna give them a couple weeks of rest, then pop one for the holidays.

- dananne - 12-12-2006

Mine arrived last week. Likewise, we'll let them rest a bit, then open one up over the holidays.

- winophite - 12-12-2006

These posts have inspired me to check out Loring wine co on the web. I'm betting good ole IN wont allow me to purchase, but we'll see. My question relates to "free the grapes". Being a firm believer in free enterprise and individual's rights, I'm tempted to send a donation. However with all the crappy scam artists around the internet, I wonder if this is ligit. I'm guessing maybe so, is this club real? I have sent my legislator a letter voicing my opinion. Strength in numbers! But it is politics we're talking about. Thanks Winophite

- dananne - 12-12-2006

Writing your legislators is a good place to start -- I've written mine several times in the past on wine issues, and Georgia has slowly begun to join the 20th century (a little late, I know, but every step in the right direction helps). The current issue on the table that I'll be writing my legislators about is wine sales on Sunday. Still not allowed down here.

Regarding Free the Grapes, they are a legit outfit, and they've been behind most of the lawsuits for wine shipping in some capacity.