WineBoard
1993 Louis Jadot Bonnes Mares - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Pinot Noir/Red Burgundy (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: 1993 Louis Jadot Bonnes Mares (/thread-6644.html)

- newsguy - 10-05-2000

i'm fairly new to the wine appreciation scene, but am an enthusiastic learner. this burgundy is by far the most expensive and best (i hope) bottle of wine i've acquired in my very limited experience.

can anyone tell me what to expect from this wine? does anyone know where i might be able to see a rating on it? it's not on wine spectator's free database.

anything that anyone would have to offer would be appreciated by this relative novice.

for what it's worth, i'm planning on having this wine with some grilled, marinated pork tenderloins.

thanks!

- Innkeeper - 10-21-2000

Hi Newsguy and welcome to the Wine Board. Am not personally familiar with this wine (where is Randy when we need him), but do know that P&P (pinot and pork) is as close to a sure match as any in the world of food and wine matching. Go ahead, do it, and let all of us know how it turned out. Your TNs (tasting notes) would also be appreciated.

- Drew - 10-21-2000

Hello Newsguy, I checked my full access acount as well as the 6th edition of WS Ultimate Guide for 1993 Burgundy and cannot find the wine. WS rated the 93' Burgundy vintage at 91 points and noted "Outstanding -Top domaines made exuberant, racy, balanced wines". The many years of Bonnes Mares wines that they did rate were 87 to 93 points except the 95' vintage which they gave 83 points. My guess is that you have a very good bottle of wine and my fee for this information is a round trip ticket to Clearwater, dinner and , of course, drinking the Bonnes Mares to determine how good my guessing is.

Drew

- mrdutton - 10-21-2000

I gave basically the same reply to this question in the Novice Forum. This is a double posting of the same question...... FYI.

- Innkeeper - 10-22-2000

Another double posting! Boo hiss!

- Drew - 10-22-2000

Yes Mike, you're right, I just found it. A reposting from 10/5 that I missed.

Drew

- winoweenie - 10-22-2000

Newsguy, welcome to the board. As you can see by the comments above, you can get answers to most questions by a SINGLE posting. We`uns get mitey miffed whenced we see the same question in two spots. Being new, you`re forgiven this one trespass. I`m not privvy to this particular wine but can assure you the 3 93`s I`ve had ranged from super to spectacular. ( Drouhin, Leroy , and Vogue ). The Leroy was WOW!. So it`s pretty safe to say you`se has gots a whale of a good time comin` up. Don`t pay any attention to Drew as he makes that same offer to any-one who comes on line. winoweenie

- Drew - 10-22-2000

WW, just because it took you 2 times to catch on, don't be sore and give my secrets away.... after all I'm just a poor, public servant living on a marginal income!

Drew

- winoweenie - 10-22-2000

Two my Shawnee patootie, you suckered me 14 times be4 I realized Drew could be spelled 16 ways. And don`t give us the poor civil servant routine agin`. winoweenie. And Bucko, quit sendin` your overflow to him, he`s gettin` sperlled

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 10-22-2000).]

- newsguy - 11-10-2000

i appreciate all the responses, and i'm sorry about the double posting. yeah, i'm a newbie and didn't know better. now about the wine...

...i haven't had it yet. but i did sip a 1995 jadot pommard at a tasting a week ago, and found one word could sum it up: silk. it tasted wonderful and felt like silk in my mouth and going down my throat. needless to say, i'm REALLY looking forward to it when i open the 93 bonnes mares. i'll certainly pass along my impressions, but: 1) it won't be for a while yet, maybe even at christmas, and 2) i don't have the developed nose and palate of you folks on this board. i just know what i like and will try my best to describe the experience.

like i say, i'm just getting into the wine scene, but dasm, i'm having a TON of fun learning!

and with the way work is going lately because of this election fiasco here in FLA, i sure can use the grape juice!

newguy

p.s. hey winoweenie, just wanted to thank you for your legendary thread on the 92 cabs. it's been wonderful to read about all those great wines, even if i'll never get to taste any of them.

- chittychattykathy - 11-12-2000

Newsguy,
Which Pommard was it, Village, Chateau, other? See if you can find the Beaune Theurons. Even better yet the Beaune Clos des Ursules; delicate yet powerful, and sexy smooth (the proverbial "velvet glove"). Grrr

- newsguy - 11-20-2000

kathy,

it was only a village pomard, but i thought it was excellent.

newsguy

- chittychattykathy - 11-21-2000

Newsguy, First, A belated welcome!!!
No knocks against the village, it's great stuff, just wanted to know a bit more so I could relate. Am looking forward to your notes on the Bonnes Mares.
PS-Don't let these odd tangents in the middle of your posts scare you off, as it's bound to only get... worse. With the holiday drinking and all! They do seem to know what they're talking about, as far as wine goes, (which sometimes freaks me out so much that I can't sleep at night).

- winoweenie - 11-21-2000

Hum the melody to " Hush lil` baby ". And daddy`s gonna get you a mag of Opus. WW