WineBoard
Anyone buy 2000 futures? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone buy 2000 futures? (/thread-6153.html)

- Glass_A_Day - 01-30-2003

I'm going to get a couple of 2000's. Probibly Latour and Lafite. Anyone else buying this great vintage?

- Drew - 01-30-2003

Check with WW when he returns from Vegas. He purchased a number of 2000 futures. I would think that buying 2000 futures now would be mighty espensive.

Drew

I have someone who is getting me a "deal". Should be online with how much they were when the first hit the market.

- Innkeeper - 01-30-2003

I went in with WW to split a case of Lagrange. We bought it at $24 and last I looked it was up around $42. We bought it and he bought others to save money, not to make money. I am dead set against buying futures to make money. As bad as it has been lately, the stock market is more reliable.

This is for me. No investment...just future pleasure!!

- Innkeeper - 01-30-2003

Right on!

- wondersofwine - 01-30-2003

I bought futures on six bottles of a minor Bordeaux that got good preliminary reports--La Tour Figeac. Ordered back in 2001? and will take delivery this summer. Also considered Pontet Canet and a couple others. (I'm not in the grand cru classe purchasing ranks--not on a civil servant's salary).

I'm not either, but this is a special year for G_A_D, so I am splurging. I want the lady and I to have somthing special to enjoy when we look back on the year we met. Say, in 20 years or so...

- hotwine - 01-30-2003

Ah, for that purpose....Ch. Lafite Rothschild. That's ours (although we've only had one bottle since, in 27 years).

Lafite and Latour are bot rated highly from the barrel samples. One of each would be great...I hate choosing.

- Debraswine - 03-30-2003

What kind of pricing per bottle?
based on Case purchase I'm assuming.
Most wholesalers are getting their shipments early April, so I'd think the retailers will be getting soon after that, with the prices climbing of course!

- MontereyRick - 03-31-2003

I bought futures of (1 case each) Chateau Lagrange, Clos Du Marquis & Chateau Cantenac Brown.

I also bought out of stock (The Wine Club) a case of Chateau Lynch Moussas and 4 bottles of Lynch Bages.

Of the futures, I was notified that my Lagrange and Cantenac Brown will ship to me this week; still no word on The Clos Du Marquis.

- winoweenie - 03-31-2003

I received all of my futures with the exception of the super-seconds and first growths plus one box Ausone last week. All of the 2nd labels came in so you should be getting your Clos next week. By the way GAD the price I paid en Primier price on Lafite and Latour (Plus the other 3 1st growths) was 2400 per box. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 03-31-2003).]

- Glass_A_Day - 03-31-2003

Nice price WW. I wish I could have bought that much, but a bottle of each had to suffice.

- winecollector - 11-29-2004

I did a search on Ausone & this thread popped up... hence the resurrection of this thread. If my memory serves me correctly, I got to try the 2000 Mouton, Lafite, Latour, and Ausone all at one tasting this past summer... and though I've always been a huge Mouton fan, The Ausone was by far my favorite of the 2000 vintage. There be an incredible wine just waiting to be opened by you winoweenie! [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 11-30-2004

Jumped on the Ausone bandwahon with the incredible 82 vintage.Pichon-Lalande also became a player with me that vintage. Still have some remnants of the purchase in the cwllar. WW

- Glass_A_Day - 11-30-2004

I wish I had some 00 Ausone as well. I did end up with a Lafite and Latour that I got in trade for some work with a shopkeeper I was dealing with back then. $300-400 is still out of my league.