WineBoard
2000 Ch Citran Haut Medoc - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: 2000 Ch Citran Haut Medoc (/thread-5854.html)

- winoweenie - 09-13-2005

Classic Bordeaux. Nose redolent of violets, black plums, sweet spice, and loads of red fruits. Brite ruby. Texture on the entry with a solid center and a marvelous 4+-lapper finish. Tannis are silky but persistant. Needs another 3-5 to resolve. Another 11-14% alc from Vintage wines in San Diego. 24.99 . 91/90. WW

- hotwine - 09-13-2005

Thanks for the note, WW. Got a couple of those I've been reluctant to pop. Will hold per your note.

- hotwine - 09-18-2005

Couldn't resist, had to pop one tonight with grilled ribeye, russets and steamed broccoli. WW is right on, as usual. Surprised by the overtone of violets for this Haut-Medoc. Silky smooooooth. Wish I had a boat-load.

- winoweenie - 09-22-2005

Oh Ye Of Little Resolve! Tis' a lovely bottle. Have another 11 resting comfortably in the cellar. Will start on the minor growths next week.( 5ths to 3rds ) WW

- winoweenie - 10-28-2006

Been trying to post on this sucker since Thurs. Nose has expanded. More floral and lots of brite fruit. Not too much new in the mouth. Still has another 2-4 to peaking. Lovely bottle. No change in scoring. WW

- wdonovan - 10-31-2006

Sadly, I could only scrape up one bottle of this when it was available. Per consensus here, I'll let it continue to rest. My sorrow is somewhat tempered by the 6 or 8 bottles of '95 that mysteriously appeared locally quite recently though. We have been enjoying them at a controlled pace, usually at the Deli or Dinner Club, our two favorite BYOBs.

- winoweenie - 08-10-2009

Had the Big C for lunch today. Seems to be approaching the TOIG. Great mouthfeel and the texture on the palate is delightful. A perfect example to support the theory of "Why youse spend 100 clams on a bottle of juice, Dummy?" Just about time for a sabbatical. WW

- winoweenie - 03-09-2010

This baby doll done be there. DOTOIG! Nose has expanded and intensified. Silky entry, nice solid center and the finish is 4&1/2 laps around the infield. For alla' youse guys holdin, you can safely take this hummer out and enjoy. Take to a 92. WW

- winoweenie - 05-21-2011

Not nuttin' I can add to above comment. Really an enjoyable bottle that has nohere to go but downzie. Should hold for another 3-5 so you lucky suckers, pop, pour, sip and be satisfied... Solid juice. WW

- winoweenie - 08-23-2011

Another yesterday. Same ole', same ole'! Really a bottle that is drinking far above its' stature. WW

RE: 2000 Ch Citran Haut Medoc - winoweenie - 04-27-2013

Had another 1/2 0f the 750 today( YES!!!!! 1/2). Either the sabbatical has completely skewed me ole tastie-thingies or this is one kick-patootie bottle of juice. Really think it be the later. Will do the other 1/2 tomorrow. (Holy-Moly it's tough growin' old). WW

RE: 2000 Ch Citran Haut Medoc - TheEngineer - 04-28-2013

Sounds like this bottle is coming along swimmingly!

RE: 2000 Ch Citran Haut Medoc - winoweenie - 04-24-2014

Opened another for lunch yesserday and still holding like a bull-dog. One really Kick-Patootie bottle of grape. As previously stated DOTOIG so if you're holding it be there folk. Getting a tad low on inventory so will show my usual restraint(hehe) on the remaining. WW