WineBoard
2005 NxNW Cabernet Sauvignon - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 2005 NxNW Cabernet Sauvignon (/thread-5229.html)

- Drew - 06-13-2009

Columbia Valley. 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot.
My favorite wine shop offered a ridiculous sale on this and other very nice wines so my duty, if I accept it (which I did) was to forge ahead and buy much wine (which I also did).
A very well made rich cab showing red and dark fruit, cherry and plum flavors with hints of pepper and chocolate on the very long, infamous 4 lapper WW, finish. 14.1% Alc/vol. Paid $12.50 a bottle and bought a case as well as many others.....have a look.

Chateau Bernadotte Haut Medoc 2003
$29.99 Sale $14.99
A classic blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot made by the staff of Pichon- Lalande Comtesse. Rated 90 points by Robert Parker and a “sleeper of the vintage”.

Ladoucette Comte Lafond Sancerre 2006
$39.99 Sale $17.99
This classic expression of Sauvignon Blanc is aromatic and pure. Ladoucette is considered by many to be the top producer in the eastern Loire Valley. Amazing price.

Schlumberger Riesling Les Princes Abbés 2005
$21.99 Sale $10.99
This wonderful dry Riesling from Alsace has that beautiful “petrol” nose and excellent structure.

Craggy Range Le Sol Syrah 2005
$75.00 Sale $29.99
That is not a typo- this amazing 95 point Wine Advocate wine from New Zealand can be purchased for way below our wholesaler’s cost. Drink now or lay this baby away for 10 years.

Craggy Range Sophia 2004
$58.99 Sale $29.50
Opaque, highly concentrated, intense and ripe Merlot based red with 7% Cabernet Sauvignon for structure and complexity. Just the right balance of French oak. Excellent.

Kenwood Cabernet Sauvignon Jack London 2003
375ml $16.99 Sale $8.50
Sometimes one must drink alone. Thaw out a filet, sauté some shrooms and sear the meat till it stops mooing- Voila. Recommend you purchase at least 2 bottles in case the first one does not work.

NxNW Cabernet Sauvignon 2005
$24.99 Sale $12.50
Very cool red from Walla Walla Valley in Washington. It is warmer and drier there, hence perfect for Cabernet. California Cab lovers will like this wine as it has lots of black fruit flavors and is fairly soft. The producer, King Estate, sells the wine at the winery for $35.

Louis Jadot Puligny Montrachet 2005
$47.99 Sale $24.50
Chardonnay doesn’t get any better than this. Excellent producer + vintage + village = terrific wine. Did I say it tastes great?

Rosenblum Syrah England Shaw Vineyard 2005
$38.99 Sale $13.50
Big fruit, big body, big finish, in your face red. Ribs on the grill. Hold me back, Woah!!

Bodegas Julian Chivite Coleccion 125 Reserva 2001
$44.99 Sale $22.50
It’s tough to get by the killer nose, then the palate is amazing. Tempranillo, Merlot and Cabernet aged in American Oak. It is the best wine from the best producer in the Navarra Hills of Spain.

Volpaia Chianti Classico Riserva Coltassala 2004
$47.99 Sale $23.99
Beautiful Sangiovese aged in French oak from an excellent vintage. Aromatic nose of sweet cherry and oak nice structure and long finish.

Volpaia Balifico 2004
$49.99 Sale $23.99
A super, Super-Tuscan red of Cabernet and Sangiovese aged in French oak. Drink it and dream.

Rosenblum Petite Sirah Rhodes Vineyard 2005
$26.99 Sale $13.50
An intense full- bodied red with flavors of plum and black tea. This baby will go quickly.

Delas Freres Hermitage Marquis de la Tourette 2004
$79.99 Sale $29.99
Only 5-6 packs of this 100% Syrah red wine from the Northern Rhone, where this wonderful grape got started, and in my opinion, still the best expression of the variety.

Drew

- winoweenie - 06-13-2009

THE INSPEC-I-TOR STRIKES AGIN'!!!!! Goodness gracious this store must really be hurting or else they have the key to the distributors back door. Incredible prices on some VERY nice juice. I'd have expected nothing less from the Drewster. WW

- Drew - 06-13-2009

Owner told me that two distributors he deals with needed to move a lot of wine that's just sitting due to the economy. He further shared that he learned how long some of the wine had been sitting, some as far back as 2007, so he had leverage to offer a deal they couldn't refuse [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]. BTW, the distributors use a temp controlled facility. I bought a lot...

Drew

[This message has been edited by Drew (edited 06-13-2009).]

- hotwine - 06-13-2009

Yee-haw! The Inspector scored big-time!

(Droolin' all over the keyboard here...)

- winoweenie - 06-13-2009

I'd have expected nothing less. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

- Kcwhippet - 06-13-2009

Wow, some of those prices are below wholesale up here. Don't know about MD, but it's illegal to sell a wine (or spirit, or any alcohol) below the listed wholesale price here in MA.

- TheEngineer - 06-14-2009

That's a nice catch Drew! GReat drinking to follow!