WineBoard
ww- question for you - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: ww- question for you (/thread-4917.html)

Pages: 1 2

- californiagirl - 01-10-2005

Have you ever tasted Cab or Syrah from Audelssa Estate Winery? Their price point seems a little low for the location of the winery. Wondering if it's worth a try.

Thanks =)

- Glass_A_Day - 01-10-2005

I've heard good things on other forums. Are they true WW?

- winoweenie - 01-11-2005

Sorry to say CG haven't seen hide nor hair of this winery here in Phoenix. More info please! Location, price point etc. WW

- hotwine - 01-11-2005

A Glen Ellen property. Looks like they were formerly labeled Schaeffer Sonoma but have been made recently by Richard Arrowood and sold as Audelssa Sonoma; will shortly be produced and marketed as Audelssa Estate. Price range is in the upper 20's-low 30's.

- Bucko - 01-11-2005

Here are a couple of notes from James Laube at the Wine Spectator:

Winery: Audelssa Sonoma Score: 91

Wine: Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Valley Mountain Terraces 2000 Price: $27
Region: Sonoma
Issue: Aug 31, 2004

Smooth, with a fleshy band of ripe currant, blackberry, cedar, anise and spice. The oak gives it a hazelnut-nutmeg edge and the acidity keeps the flavors vivid. Finishes with firm tannins and excellent length. New from Arrowood. Drink now through 2010. 568 cases made. (JL)

Winery: Audelssa Sonoma Score: 90

Wine: Syrah Sonoma Valley Mountain Terraces 2001 Price: $32
Region: Sonoma
Issue: Nov 15, 2004

Smooth and polished, with rich, complex wild berry, sage, Asian five spice, beef carpaccio and dusty berry flavors that are concentrated and deep, with a long, rich, persistent aftertaste, with a touch of leather. Drink now through 2009. 134 cases made. (JL)

- winoweenie - 01-11-2005

Made by one of Califs' top winemakers. Will pursue further. WW

- californiagirl - 01-11-2005

ww- what's your email? I'll forward to you what was sent to me. I thought for sure you would have heard of them. I figured for the price point, $27-$35, I'd give them a try. If you do look into it, let us know. I'd love your input, especially since they only may reds- cab and syrah!

web site - www.audelssa.com

[This message has been edited by californiagirl (edited 01-11-2005).]

- Glass_A_Day - 01-12-2005

I've got plenty of room in mine so just send your extra stuff this way...

- winoweenie - 01-13-2005

You're FAR too kind GAD buddy. Guess I'll live with the inconvience so I wont have the drudgery of packing them dudes. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 01-14-2005

Turned this over to our local pusher yesterday. Said he'd get rite on it. Ordered 2 cases to make it official. WW

- Kcwhippet - 01-14-2005

It's apparently owned by Gloria Schaeffer who's been posting over on the RP board lately.

- californiagirl - 01-14-2005

The woman who e-mailed me is Angela Lynch. She also followed up the next day with a courtesy voice mail to my cell with her personal cell # for me to call with any questions! I'm going to order 2 bottles- not cases to give it a try. Sounds good!

- TheEngineer - 01-16-2005

Would love to hear an update when you've had a chance!

- californiagirl - 01-16-2005

when I get it- only order 1 bottle of each as a sampler. I'm sure that ww is the review you're looking for, though!

- Audelssa - 01-28-2005

Thanks for your interest...someone sent me an email asking about the wine. They told me about this BB. Let me know if I can answer any questions...We have some fun things going on.
gloria

- winoweenie - 01-30-2005

Hi Audelessa and welcome to the board. I've been out of town so haven't talked to my local pusher here in Phoenix yet. If you aren't distributed here in Arizona let me know and I'll give you some people who can get the job done for you. Welcome aboard. Exactly where in Glen Ellen are you located? WW

- Audelssa - 02-01-2005

Yeah, give us some name. We would love to have distribution in AZ.

We are up in the Mayacamas range. If you know Glen Ellen...we are up above Monte Rosso and Moon Mountain Winery.

Let me know when you are in the area.

- winoweenie - 02-01-2005

Was just there in Nov for a week. Call Michael Fine at 602 955 7730 at Sportsmans Fine Wines. He caan give you the proper hook-up. WW

- Audelssa - 02-14-2005

I just finished our spring newsletter. It has great info about who we are and the wines we are making. If you are interested it is a pdf file on the website.
www.audelssa.com
on the press page
I welcome comments..good/bad or ugly

- winoweenie - 02-15-2005

Hi Audellesa. Did you get hold of Michael? He's busy opening 2 more stores so you'll probably have to leave your number. WW