WineBoard
2 Trilogys' and a Flora Springs Napa - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 2 Trilogys' and a Flora Springs Napa (/thread-4252.html)

- winoweenie - 05-20-2004

My good friends talented son dropped by last nite to make ,my new computer work and as he is rapidly following in pops' feet-steps I opened some wine. 1991 Flora Springs Trilogy; This complete hummer is rite at the top of its' game and could be on the down-snort slightly. Beautiful aromas of flowers, red fruits and cinnamon. Lush mouthfeel, weighty center and a 4&1/2 lapper finish. What an aged bottling should be. A blend of Cabernet, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. No %'s given. 91/96. 25 by the box. No alc listed. 1999 Trilogy. Used as a contrast. Powerful juice that needed 45 minutues in the glass before the nose hit. Red and black fruits, pencil shavings, vanilla, and sweet spiciness all come across on the palate.Weighty center and a 4 lapper finish. Lots of rounded tannins close this down quickly. Needs another 4-6 to become civilized.90/90. 50 by the box. 14.1% alc. 1997 Flora Springs Napa. Completing the nite was this lovely bottle from their estate vineyards. In other company this wine would stand out. Not quite the power of the 99 but still with great structure and style. Balanced red fruit with bing cherry dominating, cigar-box and spices all coming across on the nose and palate. IMHO will develop into one of the best of the regular bottlings from the great 97 vintage.90/94. 23 by the box. 13% alc. WW ( I typed %'s on my original and also on the edited edition and it posted as 96. What's goin' on Jackie???) (L.I.B., that sucker did it agin. I'm typin' percetages with an 's and it posts as 96)

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 05-21-2004).]

- vinman - 05-20-2004

Huh!?!?

- californiagirl - 05-20-2004

WW- sounds great! KC was right, (I know, as usual). You like the big reds! Okay, so is it too bold to ask exactly how big is your cellar? Dad told me about all the wines you brought... incredible. What got you started into the wine world?

- Kcwhippet - 05-20-2004

I believe WW has more bottles in his cellar than Marcus Graziano has in his whole shop.

- winoweenie - 05-21-2004

CG I got hooked on wine whilst at the market in San Fransisco. The waiter said he would like me to try this wine with my steak instead of the martini I'd ordered. He brought me a glass of 70 B.V. Reserve and I've been hooked ever since. My party drank 4 bottles that nite ( at 29 per) and gave him probably the biggest tip he'd received up until that time. WW ( Vinnie ole snort, what's with the HUH!!!)