WineBoard
2002 Flora Springs Trilogy - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: 2002 Flora Springs Trilogy (/thread-3926.html)

- winoweenie - 03-24-2010

Medium ruby color. Nose very high-toned and stylish. Flowers and red berries dominate with enough spiciness to add interest. There's a soft feel to the entry, a nice weight to the center and a solid 4&1/2 lapper finish. Enough elegant tannins to carry this another 2-3 and should hold for another 8-10. Well done as usual. 91/89 50 by the box. 14.2% alc. WW

- winoweenie - 11-19-2011

Had another yesterday for lunch. Seems to have put on some weight and the nose has DEVELOPED swimmingly. Will be a distance runner. WW

- winoweenie - 03-09-2012

Pulled another for lunch today. Really keen. Developing into a solid citizen and still enough supple tannins to develop another 1-2. WW

- Glass_A_Day - 06-23-2012

I've got one left bought on the Honeymoon trip. You think this year is the year to crack it Verne?

- winoweenie - 06-24-2012

Really drinking 'stremely well now. Get your pretty, pop the cork, open a tin of Cougar Gold, some fancy crackers, prop the tootsies up and.......what the debbil were we discussing???? WW

- Glass_A_Day - 06-25-2012

Opened a 2003 standard fare bottle tonight to celebrate our anniversary. So, we bought it 6 years ago this week at the vineyard on a great tour with winery rep Guss courtesy of you Verne! Not bad considering the year, but won't be getting any better IMHO. I was forced to drink 90% of it as the Mrs. got a surprise this past January. Should take delivery this October... ;-) Still have the 02 Trilogy waiting. Maybe next year on our 7th! B-)

- winoweenie - 06-25-2012

Congrats there ole Gad-Fly-Baby! Give her a hug for me and iffn' it be a boy feel free to name the lil' booger Vernski. BPR, WW

- Innkeeper - 06-25-2012

If you want to name him after Verne, name him Bottle_A_Day. Congrats GAD.

- Glass_A_Day - 07-01-2012

Thanks guys. Not a boy though. Named her after my favorite Zin of all time. Elyse. (We kind of liked the name too...) Ordered a case to hand out in place of cigars. :-D Unfortunately, it can't possibly be as good as the vintage that got me started on it. The 2000. My family and I bought more cases of that than I can remember....

- Thomas - 07-03-2012

Happy occasion, GAD, and good luck to you and your wife.

You do show good taste: Elyse Zinfandel and Elyse for your daughter. The former has always been in my personal pantheon of Zinfandels, ever since the 90s, when I worked for the company that distributed Elyse in New York State.

- Kcwhippet - 07-03-2012

Congratulations, Gad. So happy to hear of your impending Elyse.

RE: 2002 Flora Springs Trilogy - winoweenie - 11-10-2012

Had my next to last bottle of this yesterday and as usual Mr. Dies has a winner. Will be a struggle keeping the cork in that last jug as this is one sweet drinking hummer. Great nose with almost sinus-clearing properties. Somewhere between liquid satin or silk on the palate. 4& 1/2 lapper still Really solid. WW

RE: 2002 Flora Springs Trilogy - winoweenie - 03-04-2013

Well Gad-Fly me man now is the time. This hummer 'kaint get no better. Had the last one for lunch today to mark the start of a 2 week sabbatical. A real complete Cab that is DOTOIG. How's Miss Elyse? Hope the board starts picking up so I can live vicariously during this stressful time. WW

RE: 2002 Flora Springs Trilogy - winoweenie - 04-25-2013

Got clearance from me major Doc today about the stupid-A-Fib so decided to dent the sabbatical slightly. This was the 1st thing to catch my eye so the cork is history. Delightful to have the flow of the juice over my ole parched tongue but I suffered thru it. Beautifully balanced bottle that will go for at least another 4-6. Can't believe I gave up after one glass but ...... Will report tomorrow about the remaining juice. Have never been faced with this problem 'afore. WW