WineBoard
wine allergies... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine & Health (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: wine allergies... (/thread-3189.html)



- baileypup - 04-17-2006 12:46 PM

Lately when I drink wine, red or white, 2-4 glasses, I am sick the next day. Very nauseas and vomiting throughout the day. This, however, does not happen all the time... but the majority of the time it does. I am wondering if this could be a wine allergy and what I can do to prevent it.


- finewinedine - 04-17-2006 08:12 PM

Do you notice it more with red wine than white? When I was younger I used to have allergic reactions to red wine only. Or are you maybe allergic to something that you often eat when you drink wine? I guess it would help if you were a little more specific


- baileypup - 04-18-2006 06:57 AM

Sorry about that [Image: smile.gif]
In the winter I tend to drink red wine, but since the weather has be getting warmer I have been drinking white wine, so both...
It doesn't happen all the time either, last night I had 2 glasses of white wine and was totally fine...
It tends to happen more on the wkends, if that makes sense????


- Innkeeper - 04-18-2006 07:34 AM

Are you allergic to table grapes? Grapes are the only thing in wine that you can be allergic too. It is also possible that you are reacting to something else, but that would not be an allergy.


- baileypup - 04-18-2006 09:33 AM

I am not allergic to table grapes...
In college I had an allergy to sulfer, in prescription form... But I would think that if it was an allergy it would happen all the time when I drink wine...
That is why I am confused????


- Innkeeper - 04-18-2006 09:40 AM

There is very little sulpher in wine. My wife is allergic to sulpher, and has no reaction to wine.


- baileypup - 04-18-2006 09:46 AM

Then I guess that isn't the reason...
I really have no idea, why it occurs...


- wondersofwine - 04-18-2006 03:41 PM

Do other alcoholic beverages have the same effect? Maybe you are sensitive to alcohol.


- Thomas - 04-18-2006 09:24 PM

I think you should consult a physician who specializes in allergies.

Here's another thought: drinking too much alcohol can make you sick.