WineBoard
Tips on retail wine floor display? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine Biz/Investment (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Tips on retail wine floor display? (/thread-3142.html)

- troutbum - 07-30-2000

(This question quite possibly should be posted in the racking subheading, I apologize if it is in the wrong spot.)

We are looking for an attractive, effective and inexpensive way to display wine on the floor of a gourmet/wine/cookware shop. Diamond bins are built in along the wall of the shop; they are fine, just not enough space to fill the bill.

There is a myriad of ways to go for a solution. Your suggestions of particularly great solutions (or on the other hand, things that seemed like a good idea at the time...) will be greatly appreciated.

- Innkeeper - 07-30-2000

Would put the cookware on shelves or diamond bins along the walls, and put the wine in gondolas in the middle of the floor where they could be dispayed in the prone position.
The low gondolas would allow the sales staff a clear view of the floor for security as well as being able to spot a customer in need of help. You should place your best selling items, be they wine or cookware, in or towards the back of the store; so people would have to walk by every else to get them.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 07-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 07-31-2000).]

- winoweenie - 07-31-2000

Seems like I`m pimping for them, but Sportsman`s Fine Wines here in Phoenix came with the most attractive and practical island display I`ve seen.You mite want to call Mike , Brian, or Suzy at 602-955-7730 and let them explain what the`ve done. Winoweenie

- chittychattykathy - 08-02-2000

I have a standby system for holidays and special sales that consists of about 20 square cubicles that I had made for me out of 1" wood. They work well because you can build them up in varoius shapes, make a few displays, or change the size of one display to fit your needs, a big building block system. & if you have other product that needs to borrow some space, from time to time, or you want to cross mech. they look great with almost anything in/on them. Make them in a hard wood for a more polished look, match your diamond bins, or just stain (pine) them. Depends on the style of your shop. On the top part you can serpintine some wired vines and/or flowers and lay/stand bottles amongst the frills. Then Pull up a few wired leafs, or use (dining table) placecard holders, and secure some signage about the wines on them. For a simpler style use the cardboard separators from those laydown (long and thin) wine cases, and make little pyramids of wine, the thin cardboard is not real noticable (could be painted) and it's reasonably stable. You can put those on the tops or use them on the insides of the cubicles.
Very inexpensive and very easy.
Best of all, if you stop using them for displays, you still have very useful boxes for tons of other stuff.

- troutbum - 08-02-2000

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Great idea with the cubicles, CCK.