WineBoard
Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels (/thread-22751.html)

Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - winoweenie - 10-18-2013

After my lunch with BigRedWines last Sat I woke up Sun and the bod sent a message..."It Be Time!! After no juice since then I got the message so looks like the Weener will be a lurker from now on. Must admit it's been a whale of a ride and IMMENSE fun but as the old saw say " All good thingies must end ". I'll still remain observant of the postings and will make a comment now and when but I've made my last tasting note. Have great admiration and respect for you guys and know Drewskie will keep the miscreants in line. WW

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Drew - 10-19-2013

[quote='winoweenie' pid='105625' dateline='1382102065']
After my lunch with BigRedWines last Sat I woke up Sun and the bod sent a message..."It Be Time!! After no juice since then I got the message so looks like the Weener will be a lurker from now on. Must admit it's been a whale of a ride and IMMENSE fun but as the old saw say " All good thingies must end ". I'll still remain observant of the postings and will make a comment now and when but I've made my last tasting note. Have great admiration and respect for you guys and know Drewskie will keep the miscreants in line. WW
[/quote]

What's going on, Verne? Call me or post. I don't understand.

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Jackie - 10-19-2013

What's going on, Verne? Call me or post. I don't understand.
[/quote]

Likewise darlin'.... What's up?

Jackie

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - winoweenie - 10-20-2013

As most of my long term friends on the board know, every 6 months or so I would take a sabbatical from drinking anything to let my tired ole' bod catch its' breath. This time me kidneys, instead of raising the white flag sent up the skull & crossbones. I understand at 87 YO I don't have the recuperative powers I had at the tender age of 75 so I decided to lay off till it tells me I can come back in more moderation. Again till I was 75 I drank a bottle EVERY day for lunch and dinner. Then whenced the flag showed the Jolly Roger I cut consumption to just 1 bottle at lunch. This has worked swimmingly till now. SO........... After little consideration I'm taking action I know from history works. I can live vicariously thru your posts just wont be making any of me own. WW

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Jackie - 10-20-2013

WW - Please take care of yourself! That's number one. Hope we can carry on without your posts for awhile. Time to rouse the troops. Keep us "posted" on how you're progressing with this.

Hugs,
Jackie

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - TheEngineer - 10-21-2013

I agree, health is always number one. Thanks for allowing us to have always lived vicariously through you. our turn to carry the flag for a while..

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Kcwhippet - 10-21-2013

Gonna miss your insight and wisdom, old pal. So, what are you going to do with all those hundreds and hundreds of bottles behind the fireplace?

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - winoweenie - 10-21-2013

Haven't decided yet but will probably sell the suckers. Derned sure 'aint givin' em to the kids or Salvation Army. WW

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Jackie - 10-21-2013

Can I can help you with that? Whenever you're ready, that is....

JackieAngel

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Kcwhippet - 10-21-2013

So, asking to be adopted isn't a choice.

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - Drew - 10-21-2013

I tried that a long time ago, KC....he said he had enough kids!Confused

RE: Looks like I be hanging up me Reidels - winoweenie - 10-22-2013

Will gladly post their names jes' in case you be lonely..............WW