WineBoard
New Look - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: New Look (/thread-22630.html)

Pages: 1 2

New Look - Jackie - 05-14-2013

I am working on completely redesigning the whole wines.com site. I'm looking to speed up the performance and enhance the SEO -- all that, y know.

If you have a minute, click on the logo above and let me know what you think. I'm working on getting all the videos working right now -- after that I'm going to transform this board with the same (or similar) life.

What do you'all think?

Jackie Rolleyes

RE: New Look - winoweenie - 05-15-2013

Very Nice Jackie-Love. WW

RE: New Look - TheEngineer - 05-15-2013

Looks good! Will check around the site and provide feedback.

RE: New Look - Innkeeper - 05-15-2013

Looks fantastic.

RE: New Look - Jackie - 05-15-2013

[quote='TheEngineer' pid='105267' dateline='1368626885']
Looks good! Will check around the site and provide feedback.
[/quote]

Thanks TE & WW. Don't look too close yet. Sadly, all the videos stopped working when I implemented the new design. I'll be working on this today... among other things.

I wanted a nice foundation for future development. Converting the board will be a bit of a challenge but I think it will be worth it.

J.

RE: New Look - TheEngineer - 05-15-2013

here are some others while you are in it. Some are just formatting but will make it more visible.

Home button does not work from the Forum Screen.

Just some formatting on the Videos page, the vertical selection list of A-Z wines, Wine Videos, blog, etc,.. is in grey but goes from a white background to the purple background and then back to the white background with the search key behind that as well

The selection list remains in front of the video as it plays (showing up as a white long bar)

Glossary of terms are not formatting right. The second column goes down the furtherest.

When you go to the blog screen, the title is still active and when you click on it it returns you to the same page

Clicking on a-z wines from the wine encyclopedia page returns a pare not found error

I searched a few terms that I found in the A-Z wines and they did not come up in the search

When you fly over the A-z wines, a sub-list comes up but is shows over the full vertical list and you can see both.

RE: New Look - Jackie - 05-15-2013

Ah, yah. I do have a little work to do! Thanks for the to-do list. I'll be working on it straightaway.

JackieBlush

RE: New Look - winoweenie - 05-16-2013

What him said. WWTongue

RE: New Look - TheEngineer - 05-16-2013

Not a critisim there Jackie!

Love the new looks and just wanted to provide info.

Keep up the good work.

RE: New Look - Kcwhippet - 05-16-2013

Almost afraid to post after the Eng.

RE: New Look - Drew - 05-16-2013

Not crazy about it, Jackie, seems a little too edgy and contrived. Maybe a balanced look of ecclectic would be good for the old timers with just enough of "hip"added to attract young folks.

Drew

RE: New Look - Jackie - 05-17-2013

Good feedback. Thank you. Yes, I am very open to suggestions. And I don't take offense at anything critical. I think feedback is great.

Drew, I'm not quite sure what you mean by edgy? It is definitely a change.... My design philosophy is that content is king and the design should only make the content more approachable and enjoyable. That's what I'm striving for, mainly.

I also love color. I can't help myself from being attracted by color. I think that's why I've chosen this look.

RE: New Look - Drew - 05-19-2013

Edgy, to me, is edge cutting contemporary...almost cold, if you know what I mean. I love the logo, beautifully done. The forum is great, best since I joined, ease of access and really no bugs. Take what I say as a grain of salt. I'm very much a traditionalist and am drawn to unique items, photos, art etc.

Drew

RE: New Look - Jackie - 05-19-2013

No worries. I'm glad you like the logo. I designed it myself. There are still a few tweaks to be made but we're on the path. Do you like the blue? It's a little easier on the eye than the previous red...

I want to add a search field on the homepage, so you don't have to click to search. There is so much valuable information here.

I'm listening...

Jackie

RE: New Look - TheEngineer - 05-19-2013

You need to watch the font ccolors. the lettersare white on white background right now...

RE: New Look - Jackie - 05-19-2013

[quote='TheEngineer' pid='105286' dateline='1369011140']
You need to watch the font ccolors. the lettersare white on white background right now...
[/quote]

Which letters? The menu above (forum home, etc) should be white on blue.

Same with the forum headers.

These postings are black on white. HMMMMMMM????

Need your feedback or a screen shot even.

Thanks,
Jackie

RE: New Look - TheEngineer - 05-20-2013

Font colours are good again.

RE: New Look - Jackie - 05-20-2013

Good. Thanks for the alert.
J.

RE: New Look - Drew - 05-20-2013

They're good for the response threads but not for the bottom info box...not sure what that box is called....the area below "next oldest/next newest".

RE: New Look - Winefinder - 07-19-2013

[quote='winoweenie' pid='105265' dateline='1368623998']
Very Nice Jackie-Love. WW
[/quote]
Hello WW. Tasted any "great" wines lately. j.w.