WineBoard
New WIne Broker business - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine Biz/Investment (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: New WIne Broker business (/thread-22608.html)

New WIne Broker business - Ghost Block - 04-24-2013

I am in California and have received a license to resell wine. I can deliver locally or ship via UPS/Fedex. It's been a long battle to get to this point. My plan is to have folks hit my website and enter wines they would like me to shop for them. This way I can sell the wines for less than the "suggested retail" since there is no price shown. I can get folks great wines and save them big money. Am I allowed to post the website address on this thread? Any wines I can shop for you? Located in Brea California.

RE: New WIne Broker business - winoweenie - 04-25-2013

SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ww

RE: New WIne Broker business - Ghost Block - 04-25-2013

Did I do something wrong WW?

RE: New WIne Broker business - Innkeeper - 04-25-2013

Yes you can on this thread.

No nothing really wrong Ghost Block but in my opinion it would have been more palatable if you had made a contribution to the board(post some tasting notes) before trying to mine the board for business. Our fearless leader Jackie has her own wine biz to promote to help defray the expenses. WW

WW you will be getting posts from me regarding wine. Has anyone tried the 2007 Xtant Petite Batard? Great wine, great story and great price point. I tend to lean to the big California Cabs but I am learning that there are many, many very good wines out there such as this vintage. [url]http://www.xtantwines.com/petitbatard2007.html[/url]

And keep in mind I am doing all I can to make wine more affordable for everybody. I'M ON YOUR TEAM.

Great news there GeeBee but a small correction. If youse be playing on my team your drink of necessity is Geritol. Big GrinWW

Funny WW I will throw in a bottle of Geritol with your first purchase:-)

RE: New WIne Broker business - Thomas - 04-25-2013

[quote='Ghost Block' pid='105179' dateline='1366926632']
WW you will be getting posts from me regarding wine. Has anyone tried the 2007 Xtant Petite Batard? Great wine, great story and great price point. I tend to lean to the big California Cabs but I am learning that there are many, many very good wines out there such as this vintage. [url]http://www.xtantwines.com/petitbatard2007.html[/url]
[/quote]

I'm curious, Ghost Block: do you know what the words "Cellared and Bottled By..." mean?

[quote='Thomas' pid='105187' dateline='1366938081']
[/quote]

I'm curious, Ghost Block: do you know what the words "Cellared and Bottled By..." mean?
[/quote]

Apparently not and feel free to correct me. I'm very new to this game and a sponge for information.

RE: New WIne Broker business - Thomas - 04-26-2013

[quote='Ghost Block' pid='105190' dateline='1366948649']
[quote='Thomas' pid='105187' dateline='1366938081']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Apparently not and feel free to correct me. I'm very new to this game and a sponge for information.
[/quote]

Essentially, those words on a wine label mean that the wine is produced somewhere (not at the facility and address of the company that owns the brand). It also means the wine could very well be a blend of bulk juice, and if it is, it's likely the juice is not premium or it would not be in bulk.

Oceans of "Cellared and Bottled By as well as Vinted and Bottled By wines are sold this way out of California.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the wine isn't good or drinkable, but it also doesn't necessarily mean that the wine is worth its price or is anything special.

RE: New WIne Broker business - winoweenie - 04-26-2013

GeeBee if I may I'm about to ask a very pertinent question. It seems you're a complete novice and yet you want to supply me wine? Believe me the people on this board need no help in finding , identifying, or buying wines as I can assure you that the combined experience of maybe just 8 to 10 of us constitutes wines from the 1930s to today and have drank, owned, and hung out with the owners since they planted their vineyards and have forgotten more than most people know about wine. I'm not trying to be difficult but what do you believe you can offer? Hang out here a while, go back on some of the threads and you'll definitely learn something. Best regards, WW

RE: New WIne Broker business - Ghost Block - 04-26-2013

[quote='winoweenie' pid='105192' dateline='1366985015']
GeeBee if I may I'm about to ask a very pertinent question. It seems you're a complete novice and yet you want to supply me wine? Believe me the people on this board need no help in finding , identifying, or buying wines as I can assure you that the combined experience of maybe just 8 to 10 of us constitutes wines from the 1930s to today and have drank, owned, and hung out with the owners since they planted their vineyards have forgotten more than most people know about wine. I'm not trying to be difficult but what do you believe you can offer? Hang out here a while, go back on some of the threads and you'll definitely learn something. Best regards, WW
[/quote]

Sounds like a good place for me to learn. Thank you and I will not ever mention my business again around here.

RE: New WIne Broker business - Thomas - 04-26-2013

G.B.

Are you working for a wine broker, a wine club, or for one of those operations that sell wine in the Tupperware method, from home to home?

RE: New WIne Broker business - Jackie - 04-28-2013

Hello GB,

If you'd like to arrange some advertising space, let me know. We can always use monetary contributions!

And it does sound like you might find some business here...

Click on "contact" in the menu above and send me your contact info...

Thanks,

Jackie

RE: New WIne Broker business - Ghost Block - 04-29-2013

[quote='Jackie' pid='105212' dateline='1367195026']
Hello GB,

If you'd like to arrange some advertising space, let me know. We can always use monetary contributions!

And it does sound like you might find some business here...

Click on "contact" in the menu above and send me your contact info...

Thanks,

Jackie
[/quote]

Possibly if WW doesn't throw me outta here first:-)

RE: New WIne Broker business - winoweenie - 04-29-2013

GeeBee I done' throw ennybodi ouffa' our lovely board. I just try to make sure that we don't get overrun with spammers, con artists or affected wine elitists that need go elsewhere. If you go back and read your posts objectively I think you'll see you were quite aggressive in your approach without the real credentials to back it up. Just want to keep our cozy little community as real and genuine as our founders opted whenced they set this sucker up. I'm sure you'll bring some fine additions to our group....Just don't take us or yourself too seriously. Big GrinWW

RE: New WIne Broker business - Ghost Block - 05-09-2013

[quote='Thomas' pid='105195' dateline='1367004350']
G.B.

Are you working for a wine broker, a wine club, or for one of those operations that sell wine in the Tupperware method, from home to home?
[/quote]

I am a licensed wine reseller in CA. I work for nobody.

RE: New WIne Broker business - Thomas - 05-10-2013

[quote='Ghost Block' pid='105249' dateline='1368141843']
[quote='Thomas' pid='105195' dateline='1367004350']
G.B.

[/quote]

I am a licensed wine reseller in CA. I work for nobody.
[/quote]

Okay. Maybe it's a good idea for you to familiarize yourself with wine production and labeling rules. It certainly will help you better evaluate the price of wines and what can be said about their status.