WineBoard
Seafood Linguine - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Wine/Food Affinities (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Seafood Linguine (/thread-22583.html)

Seafood Linguine - Jule - 03-24-2013 03:19 PM

Getting ready to serve a simple seafood linguine with lots of shrimp and scallops plus lemon, lemon zest, garlic, tomato sauce & parsley. What would be a nice refreshing wine to go along with it. I'm also doing a green salad, garlic bread and some kind of vegetable.

Dessert is TBD.

RE: Seafood Linguine - Innkeeper - 03-24-2013 07:06 PM

Hi Jule, and welcome to the Wineboard. If you want a red (because of the tomato) go with a light Pinot Noir. Otherwise a full bodied Chardonnay or Riesling would work.

RE: Seafood Linguine - TheEngineer - 03-26-2013 08:39 PM

By refreshing, I'm also reading into it "chilled". If so, one more option (beyond the recommendations by IK which I like) could be a nice rose. The pasta is going to be hot and might even have a little bit of heat to it. The rose will be refreshing, light and definitely not overpower the dish.

RE: Seafood Linguine - Thomas - 03-28-2013 07:06 AM

At first, with all that lemon in it, I thought of Vermentino; then, I came to the tomato sauce (lemon and tomato sauce; lots of acidity).

After thinking about it more, I come down on a light red (or Rose) too, but I'd go with a northern Italian Pinot Noir (Pinot Nero from Trentino) or some other red from that region, or from Germany. In other words, a cool climate, lighter red that is fruity as well.

RE: Seafood Linguine - Rafael6060 - 06-19-2013 07:44 AM

Very interesting topic,Every type of sea food will be available from the market,but I like fish very much and The pasta is going to be hot and might even have a little bit of heat to it. The rose will be refreshing, light and definitely not overpower the dish.

RE: Seafood Linguine - Rafael6060 - 06-19-2013 07:44 AM

Very interesting topic,Every type of sea food will be available from the market,but I like fish very much and The pasta is going to be hot and might even have a little bit of heat to it. The rose will be refreshing, light and definitely not overpower the dish.

wedding accommodation Byron Bay