WineBoard
What's Good for Easter? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What's Good for Easter? (/thread-22582.html)

Pages: 1 2

What's Good for Easter? - Jackie - 03-24-2013 03:15 PM

This is the section for newcomers to ask questions. I'm not exactly new here but I have a new question...

I'm looking for a good easy menu to serve for Easter. There will be 15-17 people and I'm the main cook. So, I'm looking for something kind of easy.

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Jackie

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Innkeeper - 03-24-2013 07:01 PM

A whole ham; some kind of sweet potatoes or winter squash; corn bread; potato salad w/egg (can be bought prepared); Pinot Noir.

RE: What's Good for Easter? - TheEngineer - 03-26-2013 08:36 PM

I would second hand the PN for general use.

But what about sparklers. I love sparking wines during any feastivities.

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Kcwhippet - 03-28-2013 03:24 AM

We're having everything but ham - seriously. There will be 14 folks to feed and 12 aren't big fans of ham, so I'm doing a 13 lb turkey, 4 lbs of braised lamb shanks and a 5 lb boneless prime rib. Going to open a Pinot and a Cab - don't know which ones yet.

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Thomas - 03-28-2013 07:08 AM

All I can say is I am glad we aren't entertaining...

Each menu sounds good to me for a crowd.

RE: What's Good for Easter? - TheEngineer - 03-28-2013 09:27 AM

Good Gawd KC..all you are missing a partridge in a pear tree........ oh wrong holiday...but that is a lotta cooking!

RE: What's Good for Easter? - winoweenie - 03-28-2013 09:41 AM

Looking at these replies it's evident who's the massacist in the group. WWBig Grin

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Jackie - 03-28-2013 12:27 PM

Sounds really delicious. Lucky people who are invited!

RE: What's Good for Easter? - browny - 04-03-2014 11:13 AM

what about salad from fresh vegetables with cheese and mushrooms,found an important article, I leave them for review http://www.swisscubancigars.com/blog/best-places-enjoy-cuban-cigar/

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Kcwhippet - 04-04-2014 10:46 AM

Nobody coming to our table would eat salad with all the other stuff there. No turkey this year. Lamb shanks in the slow cooker w/ garlic, onions, celery and carrots. Roasted boneless prime rib. Sides will be steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans, garlic mashed potatoes and shoe peg corn w/ cheese sauce. Since no turkey just going with something Cab based to drink, maybe a Meritage of some sort (99 Insignia maybe). However, there will be no salad. I just don't see that as part of this meal.

RE: What's Good for Easter? - winoweenie - 04-04-2014 01:16 PM

Love your thinking Whipster! WW

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Jackie - 04-04-2014 09:12 PM

Wow. Am I invited? Wish I were closer!

Jackie

RE: What's Good for Easter? - browny - 04-06-2014 02:26 AM

(04-04-2014 10:46 AM)Kcwhippet Wrote:  Nobody coming to our table would eat salad with all the other stuff there. No turkey this year. Lamb shanks in the slow cooker w/ garlic, onions, celery and carrots. Roasted boneless prime rib. Sides will be steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans, garlic mashed potatoes and shoe peg corn w/ cheese sauce. Since no turkey just going with something Cab based to drink, maybe a Meritage of some sort (99 Insignia maybe). However, there will be no salad. I just don't see that as part of this meal.

well, the menu says itself that it is enough of meat and vegetables. maybe, just to add some dessert visitthis site Cubancigarbest

RE: What's Good for Easter? - TheEngineer - 04-08-2014 08:21 AM

I think KC's idea of a dessert would be something from the old country that comes out of a bottle, Irish or Scotch preferably!

RE: What's Good for Easter? - winoweenie - 04-08-2014 12:23 PM

IK pulling up 2 or 3 year old posts so you can comment isn't what this boards' about. Browny Fits the profile perfectly of a youngster wanting to connect with someone in the wine world. We've gone thru a bushel of them since the inception of Wines.Com. WW By the Bye Eng it wasn't Whipster who brunged up the ideer of dessert but our newbie BrownyTongue WW

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Innkeeper - 04-09-2014 06:25 AM

It's only one year and it is Easter season.

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Kcwhippet - 04-09-2014 11:31 AM

You're speaking my language, Eng.

RE: What's Good for Easter? - bitakjohn - 05-29-2014 11:11 PM

This is a great post here loving article good color your site i read it i enjoy this blog.

coastal export
shoes

RE: What's Good for Easter? - winoweenie - 05-30-2014 05:01 AM

Much glad you enjoy post and good color. When do you decide to post on some wine? WW

RE: What's Good for Easter? - Kcwhippet - 05-31-2014 12:49 PM

Dontcha just love it, Verne.