WineBoard
Black Maple Hills - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Scotch and Single Malts (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Black Maple Hills (/thread-22572.html)

Black Maple Hills - TheEngineer - 03-12-2013

Err... having found out that this bottle is made by some dude in California with nowhere near the history or credentials of some of the other "cultish" bourbons did not make me any less a fan of this bottling. Except I've now finished both bottles that KC sold me and I need more.

RE: Black Maple Hills - Kcwhippet - 03-12-2013

This is by far my favorite Bourbon!! Unfortunately, we have people like The Eng who treat it as a cult whiskey, and it HAS become a cult whiskey. We used to be able to get it by the case. Now, however, we can only get it three bottles a month. So, I get my one bottle, and Eng gets his two which leaves nada for everyone else. Oh well.

RE: Black Maple Hills - Kcwhippet - 03-12-2013

BTW, can"t get it Mike - for awhile. It's actually a blend of several small batch Bourbons of various old singles.

RE: Black Maple Hills - TheEngineer - 03-13-2013

Smile okay, let me know when I can come back in.

I was in a boubon bar and the most expensive dram was in order

17 Y.O. Eagle Rare
George T Stagg
23 Y.O. Pappy
...then Black label Black Maple Hills....at $68 a shot..... holy moly...

I was very happy with my 71.7% ABV G.T.S. Smile

RE: Black Maple Hills - winoweenie - 03-13-2013

Greedy lil' sucker 'aint him. WW

RE: Black Maple Hills - Kcwhippet - 03-13-2013

I believe the black label is the 16 yo which retails at about $140 per.

RE: Black Maple Hills - TheEngineer - 03-14-2013

KC, if you could get that, that would be GREAT! (a tony the tiger ref).

I asked the eminently easy on the eyes bartender and she told me that her restaurant gets 6 bottle of that a year......... max.

RE: Black Maple Hills - hotwine - 03-14-2013

Re "the eminently easy on the eyes bartender"....

This old world needs a bunch more of those!

RE: Black Maple Hills - TheEngineer - 03-14-2013

A big amen to that!

RE: Black Maple Hills - Kcwhippet - 06-06-2013

Haven't been able to get this in for almost two months! Darn! I want my BMH.

RE: Black Maple Hills - TheEngineer - 08-14-2013

KC,

Any luck on the 16 yo version?

are they getting Pappy like in their lack of supply?

Mike

RE: Black Maple Hills - Kcwhippet - 08-15-2013

No BMH of any type available.

RE: Black Maple Hills - TheEngineer - 01-26-2015

I just saw some behind the glass now for $250 a bottle for the old regular bottles......

RE: Black Maple Hills - TheEngineer - 03-28-2015

I had given a bottle to a friend of mine some time ago. Tonight I got him to open it for us.... so blood nice, so smooth, so flavorful. We drained that puppy......

RE: Black Maple Hills - Kcwhippet - 09-14-2015

BMH was sourced from Kentucky Bourbon Distillers when it was only a blender and made by Heaven Hill Distillers. Now KBD has started distilling their own Bourbons (Rowan's Mill, Johnny Drum and a few others) and aren't doing anything for BMH anymore. So, BMH has been sourcing their bourbon from some no name distillery in Oregon. It will never be the same again. That said you can get it from K&L out in Redwood City but it's not what you had before.