WineBoard
OK - Just do it - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: OK - Just do it (/thread-22556.html)

OK - Just do it - Kcwhippet - 02-25-2013

All of you folks (besides me and the Weener) have to go on FB and friend Jacklyn Wilfred. She is our saviour and we have to support her and everything she's trying to do to save the WineBoard. Do it!!!

RE: OK - Just do it - winoweenie - 02-26-2013

AMEN to 'dat!!!!!! WWCool

RE: OK - Just do it - Innkeeper - 02-26-2013

I love Jackie dearly, but I don't and won't FB.

RE: OK - Just do it - TheEngineer - 02-26-2013

just did.

RE: OK - Just do it - Thomas - 03-01-2013

here's one reason I stay away from FB:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/opinion/rushkoff-why-im-quitting-facebook/index.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=linkedin

RE: OK - Just do it - Jackie - 03-01-2013

Thank you! I think I love you all.

Jackie Heart

RE: OK - Just do it - winoweenie - 03-01-2013

Thot maybe it was just me but after a week of signing into my facebook page early in the morn and finding over 100 posts either ads, tea party, or rants from idiots that I have no idea who they are I just deactivated my Facebook account. Guess they feel as long as they are providing the forum free they have the right to say who you like, your latest purchase of the Lexus 520, what time of day you pick your nose etc I deactivated. Has anyone else had their account hijacked like this? WW

RE: OK - Just do it - Thomas - 03-01-2013

WW:

Welcome to the lie called social media.

RE: OK - Just do it - Drew - 03-01-2013

You know what...just don't "LIKE" anything and keep your page only for friends and you'll be just fine!

RE: OK - Just do it - winoweenie - 03-02-2013

Is that the problem? I'll go back on and delete everything and start over. Is that the way to do it? WW

RE: OK - Just do it - Thomas - 03-02-2013

That's not true, Drew.

If you have "friends" anytime one of them hits the "like" button, your information that goes out to companies is included, because everyone's "friends" are fair game.

It's all spelled out--not so clearly--in the agreement.

RE: OK - Just do it - Drew - 03-02-2013

[quote='Thomas' pid='104880' dateline='1362236154']
That's not true, Drew.

If you have "friends" anytime one of them hits the "like" button, your information that goes out to companies is included, because everyone's "friends" are fair game.

It's all spelled out--not so clearly--in the agreement.
[/quote]

You can edit what is displayed on your home page. What I meant is that "liking" stuff really opens up the spam that your page receives inclusive of allowing others that you have not friended to reply to a comment that you place on a "liked" site.

RE: OK - Just do it - winoweenie - 03-02-2013

Its' now clogging up the 97 brain cells I have left. Think I'll abstain for awhile. I LIKE 'dat. WW

RE: OK - Just do it - Thomas - 03-02-2013

That's true, Drew, but any information that FB has on you is part of the site's marketing material to advertisers. Members are what FB has to sell.

RE: OK - Just do it - Jackie - 03-02-2013

Good luck deleting anything from Facebook. Is that even possible?

J.

RE: OK - Just do it - winoweenie - 03-03-2013

Yeppo Jackie Love I'm deleting the whole magillicuty. ww

RE: OK - Just do it - Thomas - 03-03-2013

WW:

That, too, is an illusion. It's likely they have stored everything you've typed--everything.

The saving thing is that after a while, your information becomes stale to the corporations that buy it.

RE: OK - Just do it - winoweenie - 03-03-2013

Axshually most things I post are pretty stale at the time. WW

RE: OK - Just do it - Thomas - 03-03-2013

That's true, but your email address is likely still active, and they've got that, plus, they have your I.P. and computer address. Once in, there's no way out unless you change computers and email.