WineBoard
The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) (/thread-22536.html)

The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - winoweenie - 02-03-2013

Today's the day! I want to go on record as having picked 7(seven) straight Superior Bowl losers. So Herr In-Spec-i-Tor as much as I want to back your team I think it'll be much more effective iffn' I go with the other side. Having the only team in either conference that lost to Horizon High in the state 1st round play-offs, I've been pulling for other members teams where I have friends with vested interests. The only time it was a hands-off was when the Pats played the Birdies. So now I'll stay in the closet until I'm sure the westerners are demolished. As a matter of fact, I think I'll just open a bottle of old, tired, moldy grape-juice and enjoy the show. WW

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - Drew - 02-03-2013

TRAITOR!!!!!!!

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - Jackie - 02-03-2013

OMG that is funny!

Drew, are you now able to log in? I got a message that you were having problems.

Please email me - jackie at wines.com

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - winoweenie - 02-03-2013

TRAITOR?????????? You big goose I'm Pulling for them Balck/Blue/Red or whatever color to win. Hard reading wif 'dem bad Hangie-Thingies. WW

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - Kcwhippet - 02-03-2013

Unlike in the past, there has been very, very little posting about menus and such for the Super Bowl. So, I'll go first - which is weird because the SB is almost over. Here's what we've consumed today. I have made and will be making a fritatta for breakfast, Guacamole, Lomi Lomi salmon, Sicilian meatballs, (very, very) hot wings, twice baked skins, shredded chicken quesadillas, salmon and Queso Xoacaca crostini, peperoni/onion/Parmesan crostini, bacon wrapped water chestnuts and traditional Swiss fondue. Drinks have been mostly beer with some Paloma Sauv Blanc and Schramsberg bubbly.

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - Drew - 02-03-2013

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - winoweenie - 02-04-2013

One more time Drewski CONGRATS!!!!!! My picking streak is still intact. WW CoolBig Grin

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - Drew - 02-04-2013

Wow, I just re-read your orig post and, please, accept my profound apologies! You sometimes speak a different language and I need interpretation! ConfusedUndecided

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - Innkeeper - 02-04-2013

Very happy that the game became interesting at the end, I was ready to go to bed earlier.

Apology recepted! Had I really picked the Ravies the niners woulda' scored 9 times in the second half. A well-deserved win but I hate to think what we'll be in for the next 5+ years with that bunch of babies getting some experience under their belts and a small taste of blood. You have a tremendous QB in Flacco but that kid Humperdick (or whatever) is going to be sensational. Again my best. WW

RE: The BIG Game( Or why this mass hysteria?) - hotwine - 02-04-2013

Big Grin Got back from the ranch right after the half-time show. Great game! Congrats to the blackbirdies and their faithful fans!

Swilled Glen Moray 'til the end.

Forgot to post I had 2-3-4 fingers of 18 YO Highland Park. Done' think me ole' tired taste-buddies culd take enny thing better. WW