WineBoard
More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Scotch and Single Malts (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! (/thread-22473.html)

More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - TheEngineer - 12-21-2012

I just called a company that I just go to when I was in MI as they had listed a Port Ellen 30, 9th release for a very good price. (Not complaining about the store as it is a good store with good people) It turns out that they are out of the 3 YO but have a full box of the current 2013 release. They asked me if I was interested. Now I've known for a very long time that this was going to cost $1000, potentially more.....but to hear them say it to me over the phone, $950 a bottle.....oh very ouch. VERY VERY OUCH... Might just skip it this year and be satisfied with my mini stock pile of Port Ellen.

Then again, I just picked up my Armand Rousseau order.......was that any less painful?

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - Kcwhippet - 12-21-2012

Port Ellen???? OMG!!

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - hotwine - 12-22-2012

Have never tried the Port Ellen, but if it's a peaty monster, would probably not be interested.

Picked up two bottles of the Longmorn (SMWS #7.69) from the local retailer yesterday, intending to use as gifts, but may sock away instead. Didn't know if the society's shipment would come in before Christmas, so bought a couple of Bushmill's single malts as replacements.... along with a single bottle of J. Walker Double Black.

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - winoweenie - 12-22-2012

Bought my yearly bottle of Highland Park 18 YO yesterday will nourish it thru New Yars eve. Love the stuff.... Hate paying fer it. WW

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - TheEngineer - 12-22-2012

I took a bottle of the Smokehead Islay to share with my F-I-L.....I dropped it on the floow when I was moving my luggage into the house....groan.....

The hosue now has this nice peat reek in it Smile....

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - winoweenie - 12-23-2012

Now yo know why you were cut from the football offensive team in High School. WW

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - Drew - 12-23-2012

Yes Mike, come to Baltimore....you could play for the Ravens!

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - Innkeeper - 12-23-2012

OMG, I got a 1.75 liter of Military Special, Blended Scotch Whisky, Distributed by Atlantic Wine & Spirits (Baltimore, MD); from the BX at the Portsmouth Navy Yard; and had to pay $17.99 for it!!!!

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - winoweenie - 12-23-2012

THat's keen IK but I saw where the Inn-spec-i-tor bought the same Mag on another board fer 15.88. Sigh!Confused WW

RE: More a Rant I guess.. but Whisky Related..The PRICES!! - Innkeeper - 12-23-2012

Actually I kicked it up a notch so you all wouldn't feel too bad. Actually paid $14.99 for it.

Pants on FIRE!!!! ww
[hr]
Pants on FIRE!!!!!! wwBig Grin