WineBoard
Friends... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Friends... (/thread-22162.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Kcwhippet - 02-20-2012

Well, Carl, how about Stevebody??? I notice Brom came in while I was gone. I'll have to get on to The Engineer, to get him back, too.

- winoweenie - 02-20-2012

Well KC I knows it's been awhilist but youse done forgots to only hit send onced? Glad to see ebberbody still have a keyboard. I caused a dust-storm in my family room whenced I turned the sucker up-side down and shook him. WW

- Winefinder - 02-23-2012

Weenie, JimmyPoo? Yes, I'm still at the ranch upstate. Recently got thrown by a (big) mule, landed on my back on a RR track and am currently waiting my turn for back surgery. Can't walk as it is. It will be awhile before I make it down to share that bottle of wine, darn-it. But I surely will take a rain-check for now. Glad you're still on here and pleased to re-establish contact but it surely has changed. I will have to find Bucko, was doin' a bit of gun-slinging myself. Matched pair of old army .45's, can't hit a damn thing. JimW

- Winefinder - 02-23-2012

I'm meant to say I'm please to re-establish contact. Also, have found a couple quaffing wines to recommend when I can sit long enough to do it. JimW

- winoweenie - 02-23-2012

James.Can undersatand when 2 like minds meet one will have to give. Hope you're felling better soon. We've moved our noon club from Roxsands' to Sportsmans. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. WW

- TheEngineer - 02-28-2012

It's amazing how muscle memory continues after the mind might have forgotten a few things. I was able to long on and enter in my password without having to think of it. I've not been to these parts in a long time and for some reason today, decided to take quick peak and loaf on the site. Wow...Hope I'm not too late to the party! Like may of you have expressed, I've missed all of you denizens. the only good part of this whole break was that I got to speak with WW on the phone for an extended period of time .... frankly now I know why he types this way..... I've been doing my wine things these last few months and to not be able to share what I've been to the last few months made the whole experience somewhat less enjoyable. Wine and wine experiences are for sharing, no fun if you can't share.

Very happy to be back on the board........now where are those bloody tasting notes I took last week......

- winoweenie - 02-28-2012

Welcome back young grasshopper. Expect some lofty postings very quickly. Looks like the old boys club(with some berry,berry purty ladies), be back in session. WW

- Jackie - 02-28-2012

Man, I'm so glad to see you Engineer!!!!!! Thank you WW for calling him. Us ladies love the old boys club and consider ourselves part of it....

I'm going to celebrate this!

Jackie

- Kcwhippet - 02-29-2012

Back to Jackie's original point - this WineBoard is really the only place I have been a participant in on the the many Wine Forums since way back in January of 1999. Previously, I'd also been on Prodigy and the predecessor of eRobertParker, but Jerry asked me to abandon AOL and all others and come over to the new Wines.com Wine Board and I have been here ever since. This has been an awesome treasure trove of all things wine since I joined, and I really felt terrible when I saw the recent divergence. I'm so, so glad Jackie has come back to put us back on track.

I've been so happy to meet fellow WineBoarders (is that the right word?) at the offlines we've had so far (I do so hope we can have more). Even after the fact, Judy and I were able to meet Verne and Connie in their native habitat, and that was an awesome visit.

Those of us who have been here for years, I'm sure have many, many fond memories of interactions with the denizens here on the Board and it's my hope that we can continue this for many more years.

Well, I could go on and on, and probably throw out some maudlin feelings as well, but I hope all that read this understand that this is really a wide open Forum and we welcome all who want to come aboard, regardless of where you are, or where you feel you are in this wonderful, wonderful world of wine.

- TheEngineer - 03-01-2012

Thanks Ma'am! Much appreciate the welcome!

- Georgie - 03-08-2012

Well said, KC!
:-D

- Georgie - 03-10-2012

Speaking of some of our old friends from the board, I see on Facebook that Bucko's mother passed away. Some of you might have his address or e-mail to express your sympathy.

- winoweenie - 03-10-2012

Thanks for the info Georgie-Love. Will contact him today. WW

- Georgie - 03-11-2012

And by the way, you young whippersnapper, I see that today is your BIRTHDAY! Congratulations! I hope you've been having a great day, and I wish you a wonderful, happy, healthy year ahead. Much love to you, my friend. :-D

- hotwine - 03-11-2012

Many happies, Verne! Assume you have at least one bottle in that 6,000-plus collection that's worthy of such an event.

- Drew - 03-12-2012

Him celebrates his birthday EVERY day....Happy Birthday pal.

Drew

- winoweenie - 03-12-2012

Thanks all for the kind words. At this stage I really celebrate every morn on the green side of the grass. Nothing was planned so no real party was held. Had lunch with friends...Talked to all the kids on the phone...opened a bottle ot 6. BUT, hims over now and forgotten. Onward and Upward. WW

- Jackie - 03-12-2012

Happy Birthday, honey!!!!! I'll drink a toast to you tonight!

Jackie

- TheEngineer - 03-13-2012

Belated Happy B day Verne!