WineBoard
Menage a Trois - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Wines Without a Category (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Menage a Trois (/thread-22159.html)

- Georgie - 02-12-2012

A blend of zinfindel, merlot and cabernet, this is one delicious bottle of wine! We enjoyed it tonight with a leg of lamb dinner I cooked for husband dear's birthday. I don't know the price, since it was a gift from a dinner guest. But it was really good! :-D

- Innkeeper - 02-12-2012

Georgie, good to hear from you. As you well know you had their red. They make four others a rose', a white, a Chardonnay, and Moscato. They are excellent values, selling for around $12.

- hotwine - 02-13-2012

Georgie has been heard from??! Welcome back! She who lends dignity to an otherwise vulgar situation.... that's our Georgie!

- andrawes76 - 02-14-2012

welcome back Georgie! zinfandel blends are a new fav of mine...never had a Menage, but this may be the closest I get!

- Georgie - 02-18-2012

I'm here! I'm here! How are all of you reprobates? A Moscato Menage? That sounds delicious! I will definitely look for that one!

- winoweenie - 02-19-2012

As much as I'd like to pile on, at my advanced age I have FAR MORE than I'm capable of handling. WW

- Thomas - 02-20-2012

Did someone say Manage a trois?

Has Georgie been reading my mail???

Never had the wine, Georgie, but it sounds intriguing.

- Georgie - 02-24-2012

Hi Thomas! So good to hear from you. I hope you are doing reasonably well under the circumstances. Gotta love the name of that wine. I was almost embarrassed when the guest, a male friend of my husband's whom I'd never met, handed me the bottle! :-E

- hotwine - 02-24-2012

Gotta be careful of ulterior motives and sneaky symbolism......

- Kcwhippet - 02-24-2012

Ooh - do so love those "snaeaky symbolisms",

- Jackie - 02-28-2012

Sounds so delicious, especially with the lamb... I will have to try this.

- Georgie - 03-08-2012

Today I summoned up the nerve to ask for it in my local liquor store. They had it! Both the red and the rose. The wine merchant agreed with me about how nice the red is. He said blends like these are becoming more and more popular. Their sales are surpassing old stand-bys like Merlots. I was even happier to find it on sale there this week. Only $9.99!

RE: - GeorgieII - 11-28-2012

[quote='Georgie' pid='103234' dateline='1331204379']
Today I summoned up the nerve to ask for it in my local liquor store. They had it! Both the red and the rose. The wine merchant agreed with me about how nice the red is. He said blends like these are becoming more and more popular. Their sales are surpassing old stand-bys like Merlots. I was even happier to find it on sale there this week. Only $9.99!
[/quote]

I found a forgotten bottle of this in the back of the cupboard tonight. Enjoyed it with spaghetti. Gosh I love this wine! I had to exercise some real control not to drink the whole bottle myself!

RE: Menage a Trois - winoweenie - 11-29-2012

I had that urge oncest.......lasted almost 3 seconds. WW