WineBoard
Update on the Site/Forum - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Update on the Site/Forum (/thread-22072.html)

- andrawes76 - 12-01-2011

Dear Wine Board,

This is a brief message in response to recent posts here on the Forum. Here are some statistics on the Forum so you understand exactly what is happening here:

1,935 Pageviews (people surfing thru the Forum), 919 Unique Views (new visitors to the Forum, with a 38% bounce rate. These statistics are over 40% higher than last years, and substantially higher than the year before. What does this mean?

For one, more and more people are seeing the Wine Board. Before Google didnt index Wines.com, but now it does and as a result people are finding the Forum and you can see people pop in from time to time. This forum is free and usage of the site is free.

We are still working on the Forum and we are getting many visitors, but few are actually staying and contributing. GAD, a former user mentioned something significant that was not mentioned previously which is that we should have notifications when someone posts on a post and allow someone to opt out of a post. That should keep people coming back, and I think its worth the effort to fix this.

For former Wine Board users, we're working on a re-introduction to our Wine Board. I have no idea why some of these people left but we'd like to know why so we plan to send out a Survey why they left. We're going to encourage posts by taking this mobile. The fact of the matter is that most people aren't sitting by a computer when they create a wine review. That's something we are trying to do and probably why my absence from this Wine Board has made you doubt my commitment to its livelihood.

Lastly to make Wines.com a community of wine lovers who contribute, we have to do more to make the ENTIRE site lively. We have a plan of action for 2012 that is pretty interesting and proven. We have a team that we've selected to do it. We encourage you to keep on contributing if your heart is in it. And my email is open to suggestions. Half of you have my cell phone number, call me. Im not jaunting off in wine country. I'm head down working to make this site the #1 site. Its HUGE and there are lots of moving pieces and its gotta make some money, but at the same time it won't until the community is happy. The community starts with the Wine Board but also includes a "social network" within Wines.com that will give it the shot of testosterone that it needs.

Please email or call me with any suggestions.

Alex Andrawes

- Jackie - 12-12-2011

Alex,

It would also help if the forum (I still like to say WineBoard) were more visible and accessible from the homepage of Wines.com. The only way you can even get here from there is through the pull-down menu at the top, which is labelled "community".

We used to have the link "Ask An Expert" to take people from the homepage to the WineBoard. We got lots of newcomers and many interesting questions.

Jackie

- andrawes76 - 12-12-2011

Jackie, Its on the slate, and we're looking into how it can be done easily with more visibility. Thanks, Alex