WineBoard
Rosebank 12 year old (Malt Scotch Whiskey bottling) Glass #3 - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Scotch and Single Malts (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Rosebank 12 year old (Malt Scotch Whiskey bottling) Glass #3 (/thread-22013.html)

- TheEngineer - 11-07-2011

Fairly light nose again, floral but more dense than Glass 2. Better on the palate but by this time, I'm just drinking and enjoying it. I ratehr enjoyed this glass more, more elegant, more balanced but with a good strength (43% ABV as all the others were).

- hotwine - 11-09-2011

86 proof..... were those blends?

- Kcwhippet - 11-09-2011

Rosebank is a Lowland Scotch, i.e. triple distilled. The distillery was mothballed back in 1993, and hasn't produced any whiskey since then. Most definitely not a blend. This is my favorite single malt and is very, very hard to find now. Anything you can find is a very rare bottling. Treasure it if you can get it.

- hotwine - 11-09-2011

Interesting notes on various sites about Rosebank's history. Looks like a wheelbarrow of cash would be needed today to buy some of their products. A shame that the old place was shut down.

- Kcwhippet - 11-10-2011

Actually there are still some decently priced lots available. I've found some 14 yo here in MA for about $55 each. Also, there's no chance Rosebank will ever be ressurected. The warehouses have been turned into apartments/flats, and the distillery itself has become a restaurant and shops.

- TheEngineer - 04-12-2012

KC, Where would I find these $55 Rosebanks??

Can you please call me?

- Kcwhippet - 04-13-2012

Tomorrow.

- TheEngineer - 04-13-2012

Do you like Ben Nevis???

- Kcwhippet - 04-13-2012

Not in a few years. Got the distributor hunting down the Rosebank. His portfolio says they're out, but he swears he saw some in the warehouse.

- winoweenie - 04-13-2012

If the dude finds some and old grabby-bones done take it all I'd like to obtain some fer em very-own consumption. WW

- TheEngineer - 04-14-2012

i can share! BTW, look for a bottle of a Ben Nevis 15 year old tomorrow Smile I won't be able to come in and see you tomorrow at your times.

- Innkeeper - 04-14-2012

Is there some way you guys can't just call, email, or text each other on this matter?

- winoweenie - 04-14-2012

If I may IK....It's my understanding that these forums are for we guys to talk on this and other matters . Are we in Grumpy mode today noble fren? WW

- Kcwhippet - 04-14-2012

Mike, you are awesome!!! Got your package and shared same with Kevin, Fred and James - big hit! Thank you very much, friend.

Now, on to Rosebank. There are only two bottlings now available in MA. One is a 21 year old distillery bottling and the other is a 20 year old sherry finished broker bottling. Discounted retail price to you is $275 for the 21 and $150 for the 20. Let me know what you want to do.

- TheEngineer - 04-18-2012

KC, I'll look for you next time. Yes I'd like one of these .... :

- Kcwhippet - 04-19-2012

Which one - 20 or 21? Personall, I'd go with the 21 because I don't think they should mess with an awesome Lowland by putting it into a sherry cask to finish it. Just doesn't seem right.

- TheEngineer - 04-19-2012

The 21 year old please...but don't order it yet...I won't be back for a month!!! Don't want you to hold onto inventory when you don't have to.