Labor day weekend wines? - Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Labor day weekend wines? (/thread-21879.html)
- TheEngineer - 09-02-2011 04:34 AM
Frankly it's been a while since I've been able to go home... and fortunately I've got no real storm damage to speak of so I'm actually very much looking forward to being able to pull a few out of me stash.
Anyone have any plans? Most of mine are actually more "comfort wines" so
(1) on WW's suggestion the Joel Gott 815 from WAYYYYY back in 2003 when this group pointed me to get a few of these
(2) JJ Prum 2007 WS Riesling Spatlese
(3) 2009 Bandol Rose..or maybe the 10...not sure which direction to celebrate summer that's still hanging around.
- Kcwhippet - 09-02-2011 11:43 PM
Well, Sunday is Judy's and my 17th Anniversary and here in New England we have a lot of fairs. This year Judy wants to go to the Woodstock, CT fair, so that's what we're doing. No particular wine planned. Will probably be a whole lot of beer.
- hotwine - 09-03-2011 12:41 AM
Dunno yet..... will depend on menus. Hate to open the cellar in this abominable heat but will probably be able to find what I need in the Eurocave.
- Innkeeper - 09-03-2011 07:42 PM
We started out last night with Cusumano Nero D’Avola accompaning Ratatouille (mostly from our garden) and cornbread. Will see what shapes up tonight with our rib eyes and leftover Ratatouille.
- andrawes76 - 09-04-2011 02:06 PM
Hey guys, been a couple weeks since my last post. Got some wine notes I will be adding shortly. This weekend its Zinfandel and Grenache for me...paired with Luling BBQ pork ribs.
- Kcwhippet - 09-05-2011 01:21 AM
Just finished a Billecart-Salmon Blanc de Blanc with Judy, because it's our anniversary. Nice wine, nice wife!!!
- hotwine - 09-05-2011 03:07 AM
Just finished din-din of pork loin with a red burg topped with Taittinger NV brut with German chocolate cake to celebrate my three score and ten b-day tomorrow, with the beautiful wife, daughter, son-in-law and the SIL's brother. The burg was Chevre Noir, do believe, the '07. And their gift: membership in the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. Yee-haw!