WineBoard
What me retire? Heck, yes! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: What me retire? Heck, yes! (/thread-21591.html)

- wondersofwine - 06-29-2011

Tomorrow is my last day of work at Fort Bragg. We went out to lunch at Luigi's last week and had a cake cutting and award presentation in the library the next day with people dropping in to say good-bye. It was very nice. Today was the formal retirement ceremony along with eight other people and those being honored for 30 or more years of Federal Service (I have almost 40 years counting Non-Appropriated Fund time in Germany.)

I purchased a laptop for my home office but haven't set it up yet and will be unable to do so until sometime after July 4th. You may not hear from me for awhile after tomorrow but I will rejoin the forum from a public library or my home office when it is ready to go.

- Drew - 06-29-2011

Congratulations WOW, that's a long time! I hope you enjoy your retirement a little more than I do..(retired in '03 and went directly back to work).
+
+
May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day with wine your whole life through.

- TheEngineer - 06-29-2011

Congrats WoW!!!! That is quite the accomplished career! We look forward to seeing what you do in the next part of the story!

- winoweenie - 06-30-2011

Our happiness is offset by the sadness you leave with your fellow workers. It'll seem like they've been relocated from sunny Phoenix to gray Seattle. Looking forward to having your insights more often. Know you're probably more than ready. XXX&OOOs' WW :!: :!: :!:

- Thomas - 06-30-2011

The two great words in the English language: royalties and retirement.

Buon opportuna, WOW.

- wondersofwine - 06-30-2011

Thanks for the well wishes. Cleaning out my desk now.

- winoweenie - 06-30-2011

1st was sweet teach Diane and now the mity WOW. Glad they're enforcing the child labor laws more stringently now. WW :-R

- wondersofwine - 06-30-2011

WW has learned how to add icons! Will wonders never cease! (As I was pulling files out of a file drawer I got a small cut on the back of my left hand. I swear I wasn't trying to cut my wrists--I'm looking forward to retirement!) Brief visits to Chautauqua, NY and Michigan coming up and then Tuscany the end of the summer. Yippee!

- Innkeeper - 06-30-2011

Way to go Jane. Hope you get to travel and come by see us.

- Kcwhippet - 06-30-2011

Congratulations, Jane!! Welcome to the dark side.

- hotwine - 06-30-2011

Hearty congrats, Wonders! You're now a member of the Old Persons Club.

I've done that retirement thing twice and highly recommend it!

- andrawes76 - 07-01-2011

Whole hearted congrats. Please send me your home address, I have something for you :-P (seriously)

- Thomas - 07-01-2011

Jane,

On your way to Chautauqua, if you can stop near Hammondsport, let me know.

- TheEngineer - 07-04-2011

WoW,

When will you be in Italy. Any chance you will be near Milan on July 29th-30?

Mike

- Jackie - 07-17-2011

Congratulations. Let the good times roll. B-)