WineBoard
Need a Food Topic!!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Need a Food Topic!!! (/thread-21514.html)

- Kcwhippet - 05-25-2011

Every other Wine Board/Forum/Whatever has a Food Folder. Why don't we have one?? Are we any less than all the rest of them?? I think not.

Anyway, didn't mean to stir the pot (yeah right), but what are all you folks doing for FOOD for Memorial Day? Unfortunately, this will not be one of our world famous, memorable multi-course, multi-recipe, multi-wine festivities. Judy is the lead for the tech squad that puts on the annual HP User Forum in Las Vegas, and in order to make the whole shebang a reality this year, she has to fly out of here on Monday moring - that's Memorial Day. So, after I take her to Logan Airport Monday morning, I'll go home and scour the freezer for something good to cook, then find something good to drink. Sigh.

- winoweenie - 05-26-2011

Jes' go in the freezer and find one a them packages labeled "Banquet". Open, pop in the micro-thingie and have a memeorable! WW

- TheEngineer - 05-26-2011

I'm testing out my back yard.... Smile

We moved very recently to a new house and the back yard was.....well a forest. My alleges were the worst this year with all those damn trees..... so we called in contractors and removed a whole days worth of them....several dozen trees were removed from the backyard. Some ... most were in the 70 to 110 foot + variety..... We had a crane, a bucket lift, a monstrous chipper, two bob cats, three large pickups for the chipper, and two large trucks to hall the trunks away..... As a result, I now have more back yard :0 so what's a guy to do but to pull our the Grill Smile

I'll be grill'n that day Smile

- Thomas - 05-26-2011

Both Anne and I are working over the holiday weekend: she at Heron Hill and me at my computer transferring digitally recorded interviews for my next book into MP3 files to be stored on my computer.

As for food: probably nothing remotely close to what we usually think of as Memorial Day weekend fare. I've been instructed to put aside the smoked or barbecued food which I adore, as it is largely carcinogenic!

- wondersofwine - 05-26-2011

Something modest on Memorial Day. I am having lunch Saturday at Elliott's on Linden in Pinehurst and will be using a $50 dining certificate from opentable.com so can splurge on a cocktail and glass of wine and whatever I want from the menu. I may do something with shrimp on Memorial Day or go with ham and asparagus.

- winoweenie - 05-27-2011

Unortunately CB has a badly infected ear that has sent us to the doctor ewvery day this week. It has also derned near closed her throat so has been scary. I'd forgotten about this week-end completely till reading this post. Doubt I'll do anything unless conditions improve rapidly. Anywhoos......Happy Memey Day to one and ALL! WW