WineBoard
Herederos Del Marques de Riscal - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Collectibles/Auction News (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Herederos Del Marques de Riscal (/thread-2147.html)

- Kazak - 11-27-2000

My aunt gave me a bottle of
Herederos Del Marques de Riscal
El Ciego (A Lava)- rioja

Through a little research I have found that later vintages have been rated pretty well, and that the wines are inexpensive and can be put away for five or six years. Does anyone know if that is the situation with the 1980 vintage? Can I even drink this now?

- winoweenie - 11-27-2000

Kazak, Read them posts.......DRINK THAT SUCKER AND FIND OUT.....!!!!!! WINOWEENIE

- Kazak - 11-28-2000

Sir Winoweenie,
Eeeeeasy. I did "read them posts" before I posted this. In fact, I read almost this whole durn message board. After I "read them posts" I used some of the information herein to attempt a little research on my gift. I found little information out there. And then I came to you. I wanted to know if I should save the wine for a semi-special occasion, or if I should try it tonight and get it over with because the odds are it is no good, or if someone like your self might know somewhere else that I might research this.

- mrdutton - 11-28-2000

I think there may be no one here who is familiar with your particular wine, or if there is they have not yet read your post and replied to it.

So, the only other possible answer to your request is: pop that sucker and give it a try. If you don't want to do that, let it rest a while longer and then pop it and try it.

I do not have any good database information on Rioja. You could try: www.wine-searcher.com. That site will at least tell you if your wine is still selling and if it has any monetary value. You might also just try entering RIOJA into your search-engine and see what you get.

- winoweenie - 11-28-2000

Kazak, I wern`t laying it on you. That`s just the way it is with off-beat wines that no-one has one iota of info on. Jes` remember, the weenier is never puttin` anyone down , jes` tryin` to put them onto drinkin` and experiencing. WW

- chittychattykathy - 11-29-2000

Vinos de los Herederos del MarquÈs de Riscal, more commonly known as MarquÈs de Riscal made the first true bottled Rioja in 1861. & They use some Cabernet Sauvignon in it's blend which is quite interesting info as well. Your 1980 may possibly still have some life in it. Your best way to find out is to open it up as suggested, and have that reserve bottle around just in case. Please let us know how it worked out!

- Kazak - 11-29-2000

The wine-searcher site is the one that I went to (based on some of the posts that I have read). That is where I found the limited info. I will try it with a few wine drinking friends in a couple of weeks. Kathy, gracias. Winoweenie, i'm with ya. Forgive me if I do not post too much in the way of advice. I am still learning, and have only been drinking wine for the last four years. I will learn from you all.

- winoweenie - 11-29-2000

Kazak ole` bean, that`s the spirit. Learn , Drink, File, and remember.That`s where wine info comes from. I can tell you a hundred wines that I like, but if you experience ONE that rings your chimes you`ve made progress. winoweenie