WineBoard
First full day of Spring...... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: First full day of Spring...... (/thread-21334.html)

- Kcwhippet - 03-21-2011

...... and it's snowing!!! There's lots more coming Wed and Thurs. Looks like we're skipping Spring, Summer and Fall to go straight into next Winter. So, where's the global warming??

- Innkeeper - 03-21-2011

We're supposed to get 2-4 inches. Fortunately don't have to go anywhere until tomorrow which is supposed to be nice,

- winoweenie - 03-21-2011

Think you'll be blessed with some coming thru our jernt today. We're scheduled for 1/2" or rain here in the valley and 8-10 in in the mtns. WW

- Thomas - 03-21-2011

I feel lucky. All we got was rain.

And just yesterday I got sunburn while pruning my raspberries.

- Innkeeper - 03-22-2011

Yikes! We ended up with five inches of very heavy snow!

- Thomas - 03-22-2011

I don't feel lucky anymore. We are supposed to receive 3-6 inches Wednesday.

This winter has convinced me that the time has come to seek another locale. I'm officially looking.

- hotwine - 03-22-2011

Thomas - Do you ever watch HGTV, and especially their "House Hunters International"? That will get you thinking about spending at least part of each year somewhere else. Italy looks VERY attractive to us, especially Tuscany and points north.

- Thomas - 03-22-2011

Hotwine,

I've had a dream of living in Italy, but the reality of it has yet to take shape, mainly for financial reasons. But yes, I am considering either a partial living elsewhere or a full one. This June, I might take a scouting trip.

I can take winter, but I am truly tired of the arctic-like conditions here, as well as the length of the season, which is the longest of the four--literally. Winter here starts late October/early November and ends somewhere in April.

- winoweenie - 03-22-2011

WINTER.....I DONE CARE 'BOUT NO STUPID WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We had ours this past 4 days. 1/2" of rain Mon wif a high of 64* and today cloudy wif a high of 68* and tomorrow a high ub 69*.....THAT BE PLENTY OF WINTER FER THR WEENER>>>>>>>>>>>>ww

- Thomas - 03-23-2011

You wish you were 64, 68, or 69--oh wait: you aren't talking about age.

I hope the vitamin D poisoning of the sun causes you to sweat profusely...

- Kcwhippet - 03-23-2011

Snowing again, with about 5" or more over the next 36 hrs.

- winoweenie - 03-23-2011

Doesn't your caalender read MARCH 23rd???? We're well into spring McWhipster.WWWink

- Innkeeper - 04-08-2011

The crocuses are blooming over the cess pool. But the round spot is surrounded by a foot of snow pack!

- Thomas - 04-08-2011

I was arguing, er, discussing with Anne the idea of moving to a new location. In defense of not wanting to move, she said that she must live where there are four seasons.

I told her that I want that too, and since here we experience only two seasons, we should move!

- Innkeeper - 04-23-2011

Well in Northern New England White Easters are not that unusual. But this year's is about as late as it can get. Well, we have an inch on the ground, and it is still coming down steadily. Happy Easter everyone!

- winoweenie - 04-23-2011

Happy Bunny to you and Bev Karlotta. WW

- andrawes76 - 04-23-2011

Maybe first full day of spring to you, but its hot like dead center summer here in Austin, TX

- Thomas - 04-23-2011

We made it to spring today--about 70 degrees F, but only after a tremendous rainfall.

I have, however, made my travel plans for June, when I will explore the West Coast for potential relocation spots.

- TheEngineer - 04-24-2011

Happy Easter!

- Innkeeper - 04-29-2011

The last of our snow melted yesterday!!!