WineBoard
How does one git into the past posts? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: How does one git into the past posts? (/thread-21304.html)

Pages: 1 2

- winoweenie - 03-08-2011

What procedure do we use to see if there's been a post on a particular wine? I went to the search the forum, typed in the vintasge, producer and varietal and then tried to activate by hitting the devils sign on the far right and nuttin' happened. WW

- Thomas - 03-08-2011

The way you type, it's no surprise that nuttin' happened.

- andrawes76 - 03-08-2011

It appears that the forum has a break in the search mechanics... Let me put in a call to fix that.

- andrawes76 - 03-09-2011

Try it now WW. You should be set to search for past wines...

Oh, BTW, if you send me an email with your picture, or avatar I can put it on your forum profile...

- winoweenie - 03-09-2011

That's brought down bigger, more powerful, and wealthier networks than Wines.Com. Howm-so-ebberly if youse really want one go to your nearest Post Office. WW

Just tried again and still no luck. Is there something I don't understand. Spell out the procedure. WW

- TheEngineer - 03-09-2011

Alex,

I tried to search and in general it works pretty fast. I think that the search is keying off only the contents and not the title. Try this. Search Gravner and you will see a few posts down the 1998 Gravner in the search results. But try searching 1998 Gravner and the same post will not come up. And then try searching 1997 Gravner, the same post will come back up as in the string, a formite typed in 1997 Gravner into the contents.

The old form defaulted to searching by title and contents. It appears that this search defaults to just contents and we are not in general use to re-typing the wine name vintage etc that we have in the title back into the text. Hope this makes sense.

BTW, I like it so far. FASTER , Much FASTER!! and better looking too!!! Nice work. In know with all new stuff, always some growing pains. I'll let you know of any growing pains that I see!

Mike

WW, the search icon on the right is not active I don't think. I can't press it either but you can press return to start the search.

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate you friends looking after this Forum and helping me make the sucker work. 15 years of posting, this sucker really has a lot of data that I am making sure remains intact. Once we are all set, I will invite people that posted before and have been absent to return. If there are any people you guys banned, please tell me so I can make sure they are not contacted.

- Alex

Only person I can bemember being banned was the dude who was trying to get all the members addresses so hims could raid their cellars and open a wine shop in Austin, Tx. WWWink

- Thomas - 03-09-2011

Didn't we ban foodie?

It's taken me four years to finally get the chance to drop "foodie" for my real name, which is Rock, but Thomas will do.

Easy there with the iron pumping Rock.........I could sense that Testosterone all the way over on the East Coast.......

Your Friend,
Mike "Jackhammer" Smith, AKA the Howitzer.

Foodster was banned only after going on the Food Network and losing out to Chulia Jildes or was it Wallace? WW ( And Jackster I understand frum unnamed people-types you haven't had a sense of smell since Hector was a Pup)

- Innkeeper - 03-10-2011

Search function still isn't working, or I don't know how.

- Thomas - 03-10-2011

Hector was an insolent pup at that.

Engineer, on that testosterone thing, these days, it's wishful thinking, as part of my prostate cancer treatment includes a shot that turns off testosterone for a few months.

Did you know that prostate cancer cells feed on testosterone? I didn't, but I do now.

By the way, this morning I could access none of the threads--just got a blank screen each time I tried to access one of the forum headings.

- Kcwhippet - 03-10-2011

I had the same problem this morning also, Thomas.

BTW, what happened to the smilies???

- TheEngineer - 03-10-2011

Thomas,

I did not know that. Glad they are turning that off while you get treatment. My thoughts and prayers as always Thomas. It will be great to have both you and CB on victory lane!

- Drew - 03-11-2011

I can't open the Moderators folder...that's my only problem. I got here by clicking on the "view" recent post link.

Drew

- andrawes76 - 03-11-2011

Drew, I am checking on that now. Will report back today. Thanks for helping us debug the Forum.