WineBoard
PW, comments on the new websiste - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: PW, comments on the new websiste (/thread-21161.html)

- TheEngineer - 09-27-2010

At least I think this is new? The Food area does not work. when I gtry to go in, it shows the hierarchy instead. Also slow form initial load (caching to my computer maybe?

a double click on submit sends two postings (most likely what happened to Dozer as well in the food area) and when you click on it, the link goes elsewhere. on Dozer, it goes to the hierachy as noted above, on mine it goes to a different menu (my post in collectibles).

Also, when you click submit, the cycle thingy in the IE screen usually registes that someting is going on. In this case it doesn't so people may click more than once just because they did not think that it got through.

- Innkeeper - 09-27-2010

I'm having the same problem with the Food and Wine Affinities. Also, earlier today I tried to delete one of Dozer's duplicate posting and got the message that I was a spammer and was going to be turned into the authorities.

Just now I deleted Engineers duplicate on the Collector's thread; so the problem is just on the other one.

- andrawes76 - 09-27-2010

Cool. Good feedback. The developers are on it. There will be much more food related references on the site...

- TheEngineer - 09-28-2010

response time is better now with the site, perhaps my own caching issue? Cellar, storage, etc, area is blank. No active buttons, etc,.all posts are missing.

- Thomas - 09-28-2010

The response time on the site is now blindingly fast.

- andrawes76 - 09-28-2010

TE, are you tell me all your current data is lost?

- TheEngineer - 09-28-2010

No, it just the section called "Storage/Cellars/Racking" that has none of its original posts. Frankly I don't go there a lot so not sure when it disappeared but just in case.

- Drew - 09-30-2010

PW, what changes should I notice? It seems no different to me. Thanks.

Drew

- winoweenie - 09-30-2010

It was supposed to bar your bad-patootie. [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img](hehehe)

- Innkeeper - 09-30-2010

The Food & Wine Affinities and Storage & Racking threads are still screwed up, and we still pop back to the top.

- Innkeeper - 10-27-2010

As I said on 9/30: The Food & Wine Affinities and Storage & Racking threads are still screwed up, and we still pop back to the top.

- andrawes76 - 10-27-2010

Found out why the threads are not posting. Its in the queue of things we are fixing...

Sorry for the delay its a MASSIVE site and there are some major defects that we need to fix with this one...

- andrawes76 - 11-03-2010

Checked with the programmers, they are working on the cellar thread issues. In the mean time if you want to check out the site thats going to be published shortly, go to this link. As you can see headers and footer have changed. We're going to do some highlights to the homepage, and the search results which will allow for people to see recent comments on here. We also going to try to figure out a way for all the thousands of wine tasting notes on this billboard can be converted into wine reviews on the wine show pages...
http://cthought.wines.com

BTW, if you have not read Thomas' blogs on Wines.com, they are quite entertaining. Check out winecrushblog.com and feel free to leave your feedback/comments

For those who have not yet joined facebook, its highly recommended that you friend Wines.com on there as well since we can communicate more real time, should you choose to do so...

Live life well, eat and drink good stuff,

Alex Andrawes (Personal Wine)

- andrawes76 - 11-03-2010

BTW, wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season

- Kcwhippet - 11-04-2010

What holiday is this?

- Thomas - 11-04-2010

With wine, every day's a holiday.

- winoweenie - 11-04-2010

Good Thursday! WW