WineBoard
i really hate to have to say this, but... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: i really hate to have to say this, but... (/thread-21127.html)

- newsguy - 07-26-2005

... i'm not going to be able to make it to the offline. my wife found out on friday that the 10-day out-of-town training session she has to go to (the life of a new doctor) is aug. 3 through 13. she tried to see yesterday if there was any way she could do this at another time. she can't. and because our babies include a 15-year-old dog with special medical needs, someone needs to be home with her. flying her cross-country on trips no longer is an option. and we do not use pet-sitters or kennels.

so, now i don't get to meet you all, drink some great wines together and celebrate my birthday next saturday. instead, i'll be home alone (well, as "alone" as you can be in an apartment with a dog and three cats).

to say i'm disappointed is a serious understatement. i'm sorry to let you down, but you're just going to have to carry on without me.

i am, however, rescheduling my "working" wine trip for a few weeks later. if any of you will be in NoCal wine country aug. 19-26, or in L.A. aug. 27-31, please let me know. i'd love to see you.

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 07-26-2005).]

- robr - 07-26-2005

Hi Keith,

I'm going to be in Palm Harbor this weekend with my family. I will probably drive up to Tarpon to B-21 for a visit. Let me know if you want to meet me there and talk wine. I'm really a novice, so don't expect much! I might drive you crazy with questions.

If you are interested you can email me at ruthrob@gmail.com, and we can go from there.

Rob

- newsguy - 07-26-2005

hi rob. i'm not sure yet how my schedule looks this weekend. i'll let ya know if i can make it up to B-21.

in advance of your trip, you should definitely check out their web site (if you haven't already) at [url=http://www.b-21.com.]www.b-21.com.[/url] their entire wine inventory is online. also worth looking at is their monthly flier. from their home page, look at the left side near the top and click on "Download our printed catalog"

happy shopping, and i hope i can make it up there.

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 07-26-2005).]

- robr - 07-26-2005

I have been looking at the site for the past week. Amazing inventory! I'll go back and look at the monthy flier, thanks.

We will be leaving from Orlando around noon Friday, after that you will have to call me on my cell phone, or the land line at my mother-in-law's home in PH.

Hope to see you, if you can find the time.

Rob

- wondersofwine - 07-26-2005

I'm really disappointed too. Our small group gets smaller and I looked forward to the birthday celebration. (I was also going to bring a Zinfandel I thought you or Drew might like and neither is coming).

- Kcwhippet - 07-26-2005

Well, my birthday is this coming Saturday. So, we're sort of going to celebrate some while we're out there.

- wondersofwine - 07-27-2005

I can deal with that!

- newsguy - 07-27-2005

WOW & KC: it really kills me that i can't make it. but after the fact, WOW, please lemme know what that zin is. i'm always looking for tasty big reds!

- wondersofwine - 07-27-2005

Either the 1999 Eric Ross Occidental Old Vines Zin or the Robert Biale Black Chicken (the latter amazed me at a tasting in DC because it had 16.7% alcohol (almost a fortified wine) and yet had enough fruitiness to seem balanced! I later bought two bottles of the Black Chicken but the 2003 vintage (we had tasted the 2002 vintage in DC).

- robr - 07-31-2005

Hi Keith,

I got to B-21 this past weekend. All I can say is WOW! I have never seen so much wine in my life. The store looks like a dumpy warehouse from the outside, but inside is well organized miles and miles of wine.

I'll be stocking up periodically now when I come to visit my relatives. Thanks for letting me know about it!