WineBoard
If it seems I've been quiet lately - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: If it seems I've been quiet lately (/thread-21079.html)

- dananne - 10-15-2008

I just wanted folks to know that I've not abandoned the board or wine. I've been up in Chicago for a little over a week, as my brother and father passed away. As you might imagine, it's been a very difficult time. I continue to lurk, however, so please keep posting tasting notes that allow me to take my mind off things for a little while. I'll be back to posting regularly when I again have the time and inclination. In the meantime, I'd appreciate you keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Believe me when I say they're needed.

Kind regards to all,

Dan

- VouvrayHead - 10-15-2008

Dan,
I'm so sorry to hear this.
You and yours are in our thoughts.

- Kcwhippet - 10-15-2008

We are so sorry, Dan. Please know you are definitely in our prayers.

- andrawes76 - 10-15-2008

My deepest sympathies go to you and your family. Best regards, Alex Andrawes

- hotwine - 10-15-2008

Our deepest sympathies, Dan. You're in our prayers.

- Innkeeper - 10-15-2008

Very sorry to get the news. The deepest sympathy from Bev and I. You are in our prayers.

Carl

- Drew - 10-16-2008

Very sad news. Eileen and I will keep you in our prayers.

Drew

- winoweenie - 10-16-2008

My deepest sympathies Anne and Dan. What a tragic happening! Please keep us up to date and I'll raise a glass to both of you nice people this noon as BRW and I have our weekly prayer meeting. WW

- TheEngineer - 10-16-2008

My deepest sympathies Dan and Anne. My thoughts and prayers to you both and your families.

- newsguy - 10-17-2008

so sorry to hear this horrible news, dan. keeping you and anne and family in my thoughts and prayers, hoping you all find some comfort.

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 10-17-2008).]

- Jackie - 10-18-2008

Dear Dan,

No words can express what you must be feeling. My prayers are with you. I lost someone dear quite suddenly too -- my younger sister and closest friend -- and it is still devastating. All of your friends on the WineBoard are thinking of you and wishing you solace and strength.

Jackie

- Georgie - 10-20-2008

Dan and Anne, please add my sympathy and caring thoughts to those already expressed. I'm so sorry. Diane

- wondersofwine - 10-21-2008

I'm just getting back from California so seeing this terribly sad news for the first time. My heart goes out to you. May you find the faith and strength to recover from this and forge on. Memories are precious, and I've found that sometimes my lost ones live again in my dream life.

- Bucko - 10-21-2008

I ain't got the words...

- dananne - 10-29-2008

A profound thank you to all for your thoughts and prayers, and I appreciated very much the messages of condolence I received upon my arriving home from Chicago.

Kind regards to all,

Dan