WineBoard
Sad time at our house - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Sad time at our house (/thread-21070.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Kcwhippet - 01-21-2005

As some of you know, Judy's mom has been living with us for the past few years because she's had very serious health problems and couldn't care for herself anymore. She passed this morning and three of her five children were with her because her passing was expected. The other two were here last night and are on their way back. There's a very real atmosphere of relief in the house, in that she isn't suffering any longer. She was a really wonderful person, and she will be missed very much, but she is so much better off not having to endure the pain she had and the debilitating dialysis treatments she had to endure. We won't mourn her passing, rather we will celebrate her life and all she brought to it.

- Innkeeper - 01-21-2005

Very sorry to hear the news. Yours is a great perspective. We will pray for her.

- wondersofwine - 01-21-2005

My condolences to Judy and you. When I lived in Monterey, CA we had a retired general who attended our church with his family. When he died, his widow wore white to the funeral celebrating his new life rather than wearing black in mourning. I thought it was an unusual gesture, but I could appreciate the reason behind it.

- Georgie - 01-21-2005

Sympathy to you all. She is in a better place.

- bigredwines - 01-21-2005

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.Cherish the wonderful memories.This has always helped to bring a little joy when I have gone thru the loss of a loved one.

- hotwine - 01-21-2005

Sympathies, KC. What a wonderful blessing.

- Bucko - 01-21-2005

It is always with mixed emotions that we see our loved ones pass on, especially if they have suffered for a protracted time. A celebration of life is the right attitude. I'll toast her memory.

- newsguy - 01-21-2005

KC: both of my parents have passed on, my mother after a long illness that had her bed-ridden at home for the final six months or so. i think you have a wonderful perspective and one that i share. i will pray for you and yours and raise a glass to her saturday night.

- Zinner - 01-21-2005

Went through something very similar a few years back and I share your perspective. You'll always have your memories of the good times.

My condolences to you both.

- Thomas - 01-21-2005

KC, tell Judy I'm sorry to hear the news.

Like the others, I do love the idea of celebrating the life of someone who dies rather than mourning the loss.

My departure plan: I will leave money in a party fund with specific instructions to the executer of my paltry estate to use the money to throw a large party, and I will provide the recipes for the food and a list of the wines to pair with it!

- Georgie - 01-21-2005

Great idea! Think I'll steal that one!

- Innkeeper - 01-21-2005

Had an Irish aunt who did that a few years ago. Her three daughters, nineteen nieces and nephews including moi, and friends had a party you wouldn't believe.

- Jackie - 01-21-2005

No matter the circumstances, we are never ready to lose our Mom's. My heart goes out to you. Life goes on, although it will never be quite the same. It is good that you have each other and that the family was able to be near at the end. Bless you all.

Jackie

- Drew - 01-21-2005

Condolences on our end also, KC. Experienced your pain several years ago with my Dad's passing and will pray for peace and inner strength for you and Judy.

Drew

- stevebody - 01-21-2005

Speaking as one who has his own beloved Judye (albeit with an "e" appended) at home, I know all too well what it is to have to see our loved ones suffering and not be able to do much about it. My heart goes out to you both and I applaud your attitude wholeheartedly. Quality of life sometimes gets obscured by our understandable desire to simply preserve it. I have to believe that she is in a much better place, where the unending pain and frustration of her daily life is forever relieved. God be with you both and you two (as well as her soul) are in our prayers.

- dananne - 01-21-2005

Please accept our deepest sympathies. You will be in our thoughts.

- winoweenie - 01-21-2005

KC and Judy my deepest sympathies and condolewnces go out to you. Love is the strongest fabric in the world and it's obvious Judys' Mom had a steel shawl. When my time comes I've instructed CB in my will to have me cremated, have my ashes scattered over Napa valley, then have a 2-Day party with any wine I haven't drunk that's still in the cellar be opened for what friends I've outlived. I'm opening a special bottle in 30 minutes and toasting your wonderful relative. WW

- TheEngineer - 01-21-2005

Our deepest sympathies. Your family will be in our prayers.

- glenora - 01-22-2005

Judy and KC

Thinking of you!

- Glass_A_Day - 01-22-2005

My thoughts are with you and yours KC. As others have said, I admire your perspective.