WineBoard
Nows the time to start assembling the wines - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Nows the time to start assembling the wines (/thread-20929.html)

- winoweenie - 12-30-2006

for Tomorrow and Mondays' games. Only choice I've made so far is a 1970 Sandemans Vintage port to consume whilst me beloved Sooners play Boise State. Hope them dudes don't take this team too lightly. They could raise up and tear offn' a piece of hiney. WW

- Bucko - 12-30-2006

You better get a bottle of Wild Horse ready in case the Broncos run wild....

- dananne - 12-30-2006

Alas, OK ST already vanquished my alma mater Crimson Tide, so the rest of my bowl season will consist of rooting for Wisconsin (what I consider my home state and my childhood team), Nebraska (who plays my arch enemy school, Aw-barn), and LSU (a lifetime mantra is always root against Notre Dame). I may also pay attention to the Boise State game -- I like to pull for the underdog [img]http://wines.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

- Bucko - 12-30-2006

I'm pulling for Wisconsin as well -- they seemed to get forgotten in the BCS games. LSU is my wife's team. I just can't bring myself to root for Kneebraski though.

I'm sitting here surprised at what Iowa is doing to Texas...

- winoweenie - 12-30-2006

This is what I hope them derned Sooners done' let the Boisies do the them. Crappy call against Iowa on the called back TD. WW

- dananne - 12-30-2006

Speaking of Nebraska, I just turned on the TV to catch the Gonzaga basketball game (I'm a hopeless Bulldogs fan, watching every game on TV -- I even got to see them in person when they played U. GA a few weeks ago), and Creighton is in a barn-burner against Missouri State. The Missouri Valley is the place to be for fans of college hoops. Some great basketball being played there by so-called "mid-majors." I'd love for some of the power conference schools to play them on the road and see how "mid-major" they are.

Speaking of mid-majors, OK needs to be on its toes against Boise State, who are trying to become the Gonzaga of college football. That's a heck of a program they're building there. Should make for a fun game to watch.

- VouvrayHead - 12-31-2006

Go Badgers...
They didn't get into the BCS series because there can only be 2 teams in the series per conference and we have the misfortune of being in the Big 10...

- winoweenie - 12-31-2006

Dan-baby I will agree there are some solid teams in the Mo-Val BUT don't get delusional about it being the toughest conference in the ever-lovin'-put-together. You want to see some tough baskets watch a match atwixt enny of these dudes out west. Cal, Stanford, Wash, Wash St., Ore., Ore St. UCLA, So.Cal, Az and even poor lil' Az.St. Lived in Wichita whenced W.St. had a powerhouse so I've been exposed to the St. Louies, Creightons, et al but realistically why in the blue-blazes would a great prospect from New Joisey want to go to school in DesMoinies or St. Louis or great-goodness WICHITA Kansas when he can bask in thwe sun in Phoenix, Tuscon, L.A. or enny other fun spots while waiting for his NBA contract? Go Figure. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-31-2006).]

- winophite - 12-31-2006

Unfortunately in football my almarmata doen't matta, the mighty Hoosiers. Pulling for Bobby Knights success at the bball win record and hopeing for a good showing on the court for Sampson, we'll see. Happy new year and safety to all on the road. WP

- dananne - 12-31-2006

It would be silly to say the Mo Val is as good a conference as, say, the Pac 10 or SEC. Also, I have no idea why top recruits would play there, save for the prospect of better playing time. However, it does have some great basketball being played, by teams that can hold their own against power conference teams, who they almost always have to play on the road, as those teams aren't foolish enough to schedule road games against them.