WineBoard
Whirling Noisemakers - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Whirling Noisemakers (/thread-20837.html)

- winoweenie - 12-31-2000

Envision Subject..Add Clappers and Falling Confetti..GOT IT?......A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL ON THE BOARD! winoweenie

- Bucko - 12-31-2000

Clappers -- were they Claude Cooper's Copper Clappers? (you have to be an old fart to remember this)

Back at you, Desert Rat!

Bucko

- hotwine - 12-31-2000

Same at ya, WW... and to Bucksport, and the Kat, and the Dutton, Scooper, Foodster, 'Keeper, 'Berto, Jack-ee, and all assorted drinkin' buds on de board. Best wishes for a most prosperous New Year! <hic!>
(Maybe I'll even cure my confounded cellar's temperature problem in '01. That would require a username change, though. Would Jackie grant a court order for that?)

- Drew - 12-31-2000

And a Happy New Year to each and all! This board has been great fun and I look forward to 2001 with a glass waiting to be filled many times.

Drew

- winoweenie - 12-31-2000

Hots`....Don` worry `bout the name change, it`s the palate overhaul that`ll be a Bear. WW

- hotwine - 12-31-2000

Drooski, didn't mean to leave you out. 'best to you, too.
WW, yeah, that's true. My palate is pretty old-fashioned and conventional. Maybe with time & patience it will actually develop a hankering for New World wines. I'm willing to work on it, with you folks providing some guidance.

- Drew - 01-01-2001

Hotwine, I've never felt left out on this board.....Happy New Year to you and your family.

Drew

- mrdutton - 01-01-2001

Thanks for the greeting and all the hoopla.

Survived last night, drank a bottle of 1998 Chateau Belle Garde Bordeaux - that I got as a gift. Quoting the giver's comments: "This is a 100% Merlot Bordeaux of which the Chateau and vineyards are next to St. Emillion. It's a fabulous, dark, rich wine that drinks like a $30 California Merlot, without the oak."

Drank a bottle of 1990 Library Release Burgess Cabernet Sauvignon - hmmmmmmmmm. Very nice indeed. WW's covered this one, no need to be redundant.

Toasted in the New Year with a bottle of NV R.C. Lemaire Select Reserve Champagne.

All-in-all a nice evening with Friends and Family!

We have a bottle of 1993 J Schram in the garage (the largest refrigerator in the house this time of the year) for consumption by my wife and me later today.

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 01-01-2001).]

- Kcwhippet - 01-03-2001

A day or two late, but my wishes for a truly happy and prosperous year to all of you. I thank you all for another year of enjoyment and edification as I have read the posts over the past year. I'm looking forward to another year of the same.

Best regards to all,
Bob

- chittychattykathy - 01-04-2001

Belated Happy New Year to All!!! Was just noticing that I've been on board for a year now, wow how time flies! Have been looking over some of my wine notes from last spring and it is amazing just how much one can learn, from travel, tastings, books and here. Many of you have put quite a bit of (precious) time into this board. Thanks to each of you for being informative, interesting, and often, entertaining!

- winoweenie - 01-04-2001

CCK, I just noticed the Dec 1999 in your ID box. It`s always nice having the saner perspective of a smart, vivacious, and knowledgable woman to offset the jaded thoughts all of the leather-tounged hairy-legs that hang out on the board. Glad to have you aboard! WW

- hotwine - 01-04-2001

Glad to know you, Kat (even if you *do* ignore my requests for travel notes!) And thanks for your contributions to this board. As the artillery toads once said of themselves, you lend dignity to an otherwise vulgar situation.

- chittychattykathy - 01-05-2001

Aw, shucks.
Hotwine, I am so trying to get psyched up enough to turn my notes, from my last trip, into an informative and amusing story for you all to read. The best thing was, for me at least, that it was a much more amusing trip then a truely informative one, but spending four days during the middle of harvest with one wine maker (Monchoff) in the Mosel and being crowned Ms. Epernay and all (Just kidding.), I do have some wine info to post as well.

- Innkeeper - 01-14-2001

Belated Happy New Year from Florida. We spent New Years Eve in Baltimore, at Victor's Cafe. Two stories above the harbor with a table by the window. Had a fabulous five course dinner with all you could drink for $120 per person. Unbelievable. Complete with fireworks at midnight.

Last night, we took Mrs IK's brother and spouse to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Winter Park. Great dinner washed down with 1997 Vaca Mesa, Vaca Vinyard, Syrah. Very nice; very expensive!

Heading north in the morning.

- Drew - 01-14-2001

IK, Victor's Cafe is a great place! I'm glad you had a good time in ole Bawlimer. If you know in advance of visiting again, email please. Whadya think of the Inner Harbor?

Drew