WineBoard
Gracious Gertie It WORKED!!!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Gracious Gertie It WORKED!!!! (/thread-20825.html)

Pages: 1 2

- winoweenie - 08-28-2006

Will wonders never be hobbled by sceptical minds. WW

- dananne - 08-28-2006

Welcome back -- you've been missed by one and all!

- hotwine - 08-28-2006

Welcome back, Verne! (Your other post just slightly earlier worked, too.)

We've been waiting for your TNs.... must have a mountain of 'em by now!

- Glass_A_Day - 08-28-2006

About time my friend. I imagine the yellow glow around the Cab light bulb on the main page will be glowing for days as you catch up.

- Georgie - 08-29-2006

YAY! Now it's a party!

- Bucko - 08-29-2006

There goes the neighborhood ... [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Kcwhippet - 08-29-2006

Nah...It's good to have the old reprobate back in the fold.

- wondersofwine - 08-29-2006

I'm coming back too. A glitch developed where it wouldn't accept my password last week for a few days and then I was away from the computer moving into my new digs across town.

The move went relatively smoothly. Some things were going to temporary storage (for probably three months) and as the movers were ready to leave the new condo at 7:00 PM I asked "Where's my tv?" It had been put on the wrong truck and taken to storage! I'm not willing to go three months without watching television so one of the movers said he would get it and bring it back within 45 minutes. I was famished and dehydrated having had hardly anything to eat all day and wanted to freshen up and go out to dinner but said I could wait if it would only take 45 minutes. He ended up stopping at the office and the gas station and putting air in the tires and had to root for the tv at the back of a bunch of boxes so didn't return until 8:30 PM. I was one of the last diners at Carrabba's (got there about 9:45 and they stop taking orders at 10:00. I had the bread and olive oil and an Italian salad and then they forgot about my order for the entree! I was exhausted (only slept about two hours the night before the move) so they apologetically brought out my veal piccatta and asparagus and waived the total cost of the meal. (I had a glass of Riesling with the veal--nothing special).
I had booked a motel room for Sunday night. Slept in the condo last night for the first time. I am now proud possesser of keys to a "wine cellar"--a Eurocave Comfort 260 in my dining room. However, I still need to adjust the sliders on two extra sliding shelves. I'm fearful it may blow the fuses some day. It's supposed to have a dedicated 15 or 20 amp circuit and circuit breaker but shares with some of the outlets in the kitchen (for toaster, mixer, coffeemaker, etc.). Right now I'm not using any extra appliances but we'll see. I had the electricians who did the wiring for the condo come out and advise me about the possibility of an extra circuit. Unfortunately, since I am on the ground floor they can't wire through the attic and would have to cut up a lot of sheet rock to go from the laundry room to the dining room and then I would be paying for plastering and repainting what I just had repainted before moving in (I wanted to go with my own choice of colors--not the developers'). WW, the carpeting is an impractical color that will show everything (beautiful hardwood floor in the foyer and dining room). I wish I could have picked out the carpeting and would have gone with a darker tweed or something. I'll probably have to replace it some day sooner than I would like.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 08-29-2006).]

- hotwine - 08-29-2006

Congrats on the new digs AND the EuroCave, Wonders. Have found my EuroCave pretty efficient, energy-wise.... would think the only kitchen appliances that might cause a problem would be an electric oven, microwave oven, and maybe.... MAYbe.... a mixer/blender. Keep your fingers crossed, and if you pop a breaker you'll know for sure.

- wondersofwine - 08-29-2006

HW,
Fortunately the refrigerator/freezer and range are on separate circuits so the electricians said I may be okay. I'm wondering if turning off the wine storage unit for 30 minutes or so if using a mixer would be a good idea. The wine shouldn't heat up that much with the door to the unit closed. I'll probably wait until it trips a circuit breaker some day before I try turning it off temporarily.

- hotwine - 08-29-2006

That sounds like the best option.... run everything as normal and see what happens. Might turn out to be a non-issue.

- winoweenie - 08-29-2006

I gushed too soon. This bloomin' cable has been nothin but a pain in the patootie. Has slowed down to the point that Buck-Snorts shuffle to the cellar is faster plus all actions are in slow motion. Have decided that enough is E-Nuff! Am switching to another carrier on the 5th. What a BUMMER!!!!. WW

- TheEngineer - 08-29-2006

Welcome back WW and WOW. Glad that the move seemed to have gone reasonably well. I know many must have war stories that are much much worse. As for the wiring.....I rewired the cable and power for the tv three times before it is where it is now.....I kept on changing the room layout...

- Glass_A_Day - 08-29-2006

WOW, don't unplug a thing. Unless you are tripping circuits, you have nothing to worry about.

- hotwine - 08-30-2006

Wonders, I'm posting a note for you down in the Cellars/Storage thread on the Eurocave.

- winoweenie - 08-30-2006

I'd rather be getting a root canal than mess with this bloomin' computer now that Cox Cable has "Fixed" it. Takes 5 minutes to log on then all actions are slower than Buckos' hand moving townards the check. Can't wait till the 5th when I change carriers. I'm too dad-blamed old and crotchety to have any semblance of patience left. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!ww.

- Glass_A_Day - 08-30-2006

Strange, cable usually has two speeds. Fast or broken. To have it be running slow it's usually a computer issue, but stranger things have happened. Whatever you do WW, switch to another cable provider or to DSL. Switching to dial up would really push you over the edge.

- Innkeeper - 08-30-2006

We got improved service on both our internet connection and on our cable TV (both in same room) when our cable guy changed the priorities in our media box. The people who lived here before had all their media stuff at the other end of the house.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, it is probably because I don't understand what I'm saying.

- Glass_A_Day - 08-30-2006

Maybe that's why mine is fast. I don't have a media box. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]

- Bucko - 08-30-2006

"...all actions are slower than Buckos' hand moving townards the check..."

Shoot, you know I just have one rubber check that I bounce all over the place.