WineBoard
Finger Lakes Offline is Official - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Finger Lakes Offline is Official (/thread-20818.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Glass_A_Day - 01-19-2007

The first thread was getting long so I started a new one now that we have a date and list started. I have spoken with Carol Cosentino. They have a certain amount of rooms available for our weekend and she advised me that in order to make sure everyone gets in, they should call very soon and book. There is a big event in the area the following week and some people may arrive early and be booking rooms at the Inn. Maryann and I booked ours and I believe there are six more standard rooms available as well as two or three of the fancy ones. Just mention "wines.com wineboard" when calling Carol at 1-800-243-5513 Ext.307. I didn't get to talk to Gene, but did mention that he was a member here and that he knew we might be planning another trip. If anyone knows how to talk to him directly, you might want to give him a call with an update. Lets keep count on this thread of who has called to make reservations and what the count is.

- wondersofwine - 01-19-2007

I will probably book for 3 nights, Friday through Sunday, and depart on Monday. Some who have less far to travel may want to depart Sunday and book for only two nights.

- Innkeeper - 01-19-2007

We've got our reservations for the 8th and 9th. Apparently Carol has not talked to Gene about it yet, because I asked if he was going to give special rates like he did last time, and she drew a blank. She is going to talk to him, and I will also email him, as I was going to stop by in May, but will cancel that sidetrip out since we will all be there in June.

- glenora - 01-20-2007

Have had an e-mail from the Innkeeper and a message and a in-person call from WW--looks like you (we) are rolling--I am looking forward to seeing the "old" group and meeting the new.

I will catch up with Carol on Monday and let her know what is happening, also I have blocked (for two weeks)all of the remaining rooms from Thursday-Sunday for the board members. So until I have a chance to chat with Carol on Monday let me know if you would like a room, as the front desk will tell you we are full. I will have set some special (lower) rates for board members.

Foodie--had an e-mail from him earlier this week, he is busy with his website and blog http://www.thomaspellechia.com

I suspect that he will join us at some point over the weekend.

If anyone has questions or needs more information about the area please e-mail me at gene@glenora.com or call 607-243-8000 (direct line).

Again, looking forward to the seeing the members wine board class of 2005 and meeting the members of the wineboard class of '07

See you in June!!!!

- Glass_A_Day - 01-22-2007

Anyone else call for reservations yet?

- dananne - 01-22-2007

We have been quietly watching the related threads, as Anne and I had a great time with the folks who made it to the last offline in Washington, and we'd love to see everyone again and to meet those that couldn't make the WA one. We're in a holding pattern, however, until we find out what her upcoming work schedule is going to look like as far as trial dates and so on (she's an atty). Unfortunately, though, we won't know for another month or two. As soon as I know something, I'll let everyone know.

- TheEngineer - 01-23-2007

ahem...yeah...me to. I've got it blocked off but to be honest, I never know where I'm gonna be shipped off next. I will hopefully be able to tie down real soon as I would REALLY LIKE to attend.

- winoweenie - 01-23-2007

I'm making my rebsurvacations whenced I get home today. Looking forward to renewing and making new. WW

- Glass_A_Day - 01-23-2007

How many bottles does everyone usually bring? I need to start digging in my cellar to find nice things to share.

- wondersofwine - 01-23-2007

I e-mailed Gene but haven't heard back yet. If I don't get a response before leaving work today, I will try to phone him this evening.

I usually take about four bottles (what I can carry on the airplane). With new regulations about liquids on board, I will have to use styrofoam container or something in the cargo area and may end up with only three bottles. At our first Finger Lakes offline WW shipped a dozen '94 Cabs ahead but I wouldn't expect him to repeat that. We sampled them in flights of six.
P.S. I would love to see Dan and Anne again and I hope HW, Engineer and some of the others can make it. If the Inn at Glenora fills up, there are other accommodations not far away.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 01-23-2007).]

- Kcwhippet - 01-23-2007

I'm all set with the room. Looks like Judy might not be able to make it because she'll be in full, pedal-to-the-metal mode getting all the logistics set for the trade show out in Las Vegas the following week. I think Don may be coming, though. Regardless, I have full and unconditional permission from She Who Must Be Obeyed to make the offline. As for what to bring, I'm going to wait and see what WW is thinking of and planning around that.

- TheEngineer - 01-23-2007

WOW, 4 Bottles, all Salmanazar?? [img]http://wines.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 01-23-2007

Am making me roomie thingie on hang-up. Youse be rite there WOW I wont make the mistake of sending one case. I intend to send 2. Will go over the short list and give all a vote on a few of them. I'm concentrating on 97s this trip and a few 95 Bordeaux, with a sprinkling of older stuff that needs drinking thrown in. Should give us enough to make for a solid pour for all in attendance. Will start assembling them suckers this week-end. WW

- hotwine - 01-24-2007

Got my email off, requesting nights of 8-10 June.

- brappy - 01-24-2007

Getting me excited talking about themes like this. As far as amount goes, I can't see myself leaving the house with less than a case; case and a half. But then again, I'm driving. So no dealing with security problems. Once I get a theme going, I'll let it be known.

mark

- Glass_A_Day - 01-24-2007

Does everyone think they will be spending Sunday night as well? I only booked Friday and Saturday, but can stay Sunday night as well if everyone is staying for one more "wine and dine."

- winoweenie - 01-24-2007

Made my reser last nite. Will arrive Thurs and leave Mon morn. I love it whenced a plan comes together. WW

- Kcwhippet - 01-24-2007

Starting out from home about 8 am Friday and should pull in NLT 1:30. Leaving after breakfast on Monday. Just as info, GAD, I've found the fastest route is out the Mass Pike to the NY Thruway, then off at exit 42 in Geneva on Rt. 14 and straight south for 33 miles to the Glenora Inn. From my place it's about 350 miles.

- Glass_A_Day - 01-24-2007

Calling to extend to Monday now.

- newsguy - 01-24-2007

just e-mailed gene. plan to arrive friday morning and check out monday morning, staying at the inn for three nights.