WineBoard
The mity Busksnort turned the page into - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The mity Busksnort turned the page into (/thread-20737.html)

Pages: 1 2

- winoweenie - 07-07-2004

antiquity today. This senior citizen, which I know will suprise most of you as we were under the impression it'd happened yars ago,
will probably have to be prompted in mid-post so bear with him. Jes' bemember there ole' Buckinheimer, the memory's the 2nd thing to go. HAPPY BIRFDAY OLE BEAN!!!!WW

- Kcwhippet - 07-07-2004

I saw the reference to his new membership in AARP on another board.

- hotwine - 07-07-2004

Happy b-day, old buzzard! Welcome aboard! Shuffleboard is to the left, the blue-haired beauty pageant to the right, digestive and incontenence meds will be brought to you so you don't have to spend three hours trying to stand up. hehe.

- Thomas - 07-07-2004

So, Bucko and I are two days apart in birthdays--so much for the accuracy of horoscopes...

Happy Birthday old man!

- Georgie - 07-07-2004

Happy birthday to both of you guys! Hope you have a great year!

- glenora - 07-07-2004

Mine was yesterday--Tuesday, and no card from Foodie!!

- hotwine - 07-07-2004

Wow, b-days all around. Happy to all!

- Thomas - 07-07-2004

What a bonanza for July.

Happy yesterday birthday Gene. I know you are at least near or at my feeble age.

- wondersofwine - 07-07-2004

Happy birthday to all of you.
On a more somber note, I would appreciate your prayers for Meredith, born to my nephew and his wife on June 30th. She was just shy of eight pounds and appeared to be quite healthy. However, on her second day on this earth she had a seizure and was rushed to the neonatal special care unit. An MRI showed that she has had bleeding in one section of the brain while in utero--extremely rare, only 54 documented cases. She was sedated for awhile to prevent further seizures and was stabilized. Doctors were much more optimistic about Meredith on day 3 than day 2 and she was given the middle name "Hope" because so many hopes are riding on this little girl. They said she was hard to put under for the MRI because she was feisty and we take that as a good sign of her strength and spirit. We hope no real damage was done by the bleeding or seizure. And she picked the right hospital to be born in--New Haven/Yale Hospital where she has the care of neonatalogist, pediatric neurologist, and a team of doctors. Hang in, there Meredith--we're rooting for you.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 07-07-2004).]

- Innkeeper - 07-07-2004

Rooting and praying.

- Georgie - 07-07-2004

Same here, WoW. They can do miraculous things nowadays. Keep us posted on Meredith's progress. (and happy birthday wishes to you, too, Gene.)

Thanks, IK.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wondersofwine:
[B]Thanks, IK, Georgie and any others who read this and respond with prayers or good thoughts.

- Kcwhippet - 07-07-2004

WoW,

Our thoughts are definitely with you. I didn't realize that there were so few with that condition. Our friends in Seattle had a child with that same problem. He was a bit slow to develop through about 5 years old. He's now eleven and doing just fine. Other than a bit of slurred speech, you'd never know there was ever any problem because he's doing great otherwise. Physically and mentally he's with his age group. Actually, he's a bit larger than his peers, but his father is 6'8" and his mother is 5'11".

- Thomas - 07-07-2004

Yes Meredith--hang in there. It will be a good outcome.

- glenora - 07-07-2004

WOW

Like everyone else, wishing you and your family the best.

Gene

- winoweenie - 07-07-2004

My hopes and faith are with you and yours. What a blessing to have such incredibly competant people to care for the little sweetheart. WW

- californiagirl - 07-07-2004

Prayers to you and yours WOW

And a very Happy Birthday to all... and speaking of birthdays, KC's is July 30th! [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- Drew - 07-07-2004

Happy Birthday to all the old dogs and a special prayer to Meredith Hope.

Drew

- bigredwines - 07-07-2004

WoW, my wife and I are praying for a complete recovery for little Meredith and peace and comfort for your family through this difficult time. blessings.brw