WineBoard
I'm so old.... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: I'm so old.... (/thread-20705.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Drew - 05-07-2002

I'm turning 51 on Saturday but not celebrating until the 17th. at the Ocean with a hoard of friends. What would you pop, recent vintages, that's special. Several I'm gonna open is '95 CSJ Cinq Cepages, '96 Gallo "Frei", '97 Mount Eden Estates and a bunch of Zins (Peachy Canyon to name one).

Drew

- winoweenie - 05-07-2002

Where the Boomin'-Blue- Blazes be my invite???Sounds like a super line-up so farrely. When is the move to the new digs? WW

- zenda2 - 05-07-2002

Drew,
Congrats on surviving long enough to qualify as a 'classic'. Hey, if it's good enough for automobiles it's good enough for guys like us.

If memory isn't playing tricks on me (I'm old, too. Get off my lawn, you rotten kids!) you were quite fond of Rosemont 'Hill of Gold' and 'Traditional' cabs. Have you popped a cork on either of those lately? Might be a good opportunity next week.

At any rate...Happy Boithday! Here's to the next 51.

- winedope - 05-08-2002

happy birthday, Drew!

- Bucko - 05-08-2002

I'm older -- quit whining...... [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- hotwine - 05-09-2002

Yeah, no kiddin', same here. Gotta be grateful. Like the fellow said, if I'd known I was gonna live this long, I would've taken better care of myself! Happy B-day, Drew-bud.

- winoweenie - 05-09-2002

Sure wish you young whipper-snappers would quiet down soos the weener could finish his afternoon nap. WW ( older than dirt ) I done got kids older than drew!

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 05-09-2002).]

- Kcwhippet - 05-09-2002

Looks like WW, and probably IK, are the elders of this group. I'll be 59 in a few months, and it really doesn't seem like such a big deal. I certainly don't feel like I'm ready for the rocking chair yet.

- Innkeeper - 05-09-2002

Glad there is at least one someone elder than moi. Happy Birthday Drew.

- momman - 05-09-2002

Okay, so I am younger and new to the boards, but Bonne anniversaire! Hope for good health and friends for the next 50.

I may be young, but we have started a nice collection of wines to bring home with us when our "tour" of service is done here. We volunteered for an overseas duty so we could travel europe (chance in a lifetime).

Of course, here is a laugh- we live in the only region of France that does not produce its own wine. Bretagne or Brittany as we english speakers call it, can't grow a good grape for love or money. This area is famous for its cidre (hard cider). Tastes a little like beer if it is brute, and more like sparkling cider if it is doux.

Got to see a lot over here so far, but the kids don't appreciate it yet, though my two oldest speak French without an accent, and fluently. I squeak by. It is sad to be old. The mind is the first to go (or is that because of the kids?) My husband says it is because I am blonde, but what does he know?

- hotwine - 05-09-2002

Take advantage of that assignment, Blondie! You're building memories for a lifetime! My wife and I spent the first year of our marriage in Germany (I had already been there for two years), and travelled as much as we could together, with my very hectic business travel schedule. But she STILL beats me up every now and then for NOT taking her to some places (like Italy; she'll never forgive me for not taking her there). So - travel-travel-travel!

- zenda2 - 05-09-2002

So there's no Norman wine. The cider is superb, there's Calvados we'll never see here. Some of the best lamb in France, fabulous pork, creme fraiche everywhere, legendary butter, and those buckwheat crepes (the name evades me). Get in the car every weekend and race out there among 'em.

- winedope - 05-09-2002

you guys mostly sound and act younger than many of my contemporaries. I'd hardly worry about you all getting old!! : )

- winoweenie - 05-09-2002

I, for one, never even think about age. My major concerns are my next bottle, next meal, next destination, and my next new friends in that order. Been a great trip so far. WW

- Bucko - 05-09-2002

You better worry about your next breath, wheezer.... (ducking)

- winoweenie - 05-10-2002

Another pail of putty coming from Washington! WW

- Bucko - 05-10-2002

LOL!!

- chittychattykathy - 05-11-2002

Here's a "happy birthday" from Washington as well, have a great time Drew. Look foward to a full wine report.
Kat

- mrdutton - 05-14-2002

Hey Drew, I'm older 'n you! Partly because of you! (And my wife is even older than both of us (but don't tell her I said that.)

But Happy Birthday any way.

Enjoy the party!

- Bucko - 05-14-2002

Uh oh, I'm anti-police lately after a less than stellar experience....... guess I'm in the doghouse.

[This message has been edited by Bucko (edited 05-14-2002).]