WineBoard
Help if you can - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Help if you can (/thread-20658.html)

- Margaux - 06-21-2000

Hi, I'm a young, lovely wine buyer from the UK and looking for some help. I have a customer looking for Grand Burg Shiraz from the Hunter Valley. I would like to know who imports the wine into the UK.
Can anyone help ?
OK thank you to Epicurus for pointing it out - Grant Burge Shiraz. If my customer can't spell it right I don't suppose I've got much hope. Still open to suggestions on importers though.

[This message has been edited by Margaux (edited 06-22-2000).]

- winoweenie - 06-21-2000

MY GOD GENTLEMEN, can`t you read.....A LOVELY, YOUNG GIRL needs help.I`m personally not familiar with this bottling, but feel sure young lovely there is a www out there for the Aussie Wine industry and know they derned sure won`t let an opportunity like this go un-aided. Winoweenie

- winecollector - 06-22-2000

If it were not for the fact that I have been married now for the past 15 years, I'd offer to fly to Australia, and personally bring the wine back myself. Instead, I think it would be best if someone else try to provide Margaux with the help she's requesting.

Welcome to the wine board, Margaux. I hope someone here can help you out. If you don't get a response, you can try sending a recent photograph, along a with profile to.....

- Thomas - 06-22-2000

I suppose the description young and lovely apply mainly to females, but the name Margaux isn't explicit on that score....

Anyway, we need someone who knows the British market or the Australian shippers.

UK Tom, are you there?

- EPICURUS - 06-22-2000

Don't you mean "Grant Burge"? That's the trouble with lovely ladies: they tend to rely on their irrelevant features to carry them through life. Hasn't worked all that well for Margaux Hemingway though.

Old Ugly Puss

- tomstevenson - 06-22-2000

Yup, I'm here. Has Andrew Bruce changed sex into the beautiful Fiona? A quick look at Margaux's Profile and I see that she is a wine buyer at Andrew Bruce Fine Wine. I always thought Andrew was the buyer. In any case it certainly is Grant Burge, and Grant Burge has a reputation for Shiraz (Meschach being its finest), but Barossa, not Hunter. The lovely Fiona who likes to be known as Margaux and might well have been Andrew in an earlier life should contact Butlers Wines, Hanford-Holland Park (stocks the Meshach) or The Olde Forge WineCellar.
Tom

- EPICURUS - 06-22-2000

I know for a fact that Fiona Gunn was actually in a James Bond movie. Mr. Bruce uses her ~nom du cinema~ when he doesn't want to reveal a lack of information. She/he should contact Ms. Jodie Hannaford, Grant's Marketing Liaison Manager at jodie@gbwines.com.au, who can send off the name of the UK importer.

- tomstevenson - 06-23-2000

Shame on Andrew, especially as I think he prefers Pol Roger to Bond's Bollinger.
Tom

- Thomas - 06-24-2000

So, I was correct when I hinted that Margaux might not be a fine young lady! And I have no idea who you guys are talking about.

- winoweenie - 06-25-2000

Heck! I come back and find the lovely Margaux that I worried about all week-end long in San Diego is really a Hairy-Legged Wine Buyer! Now I suppose you guys`ll tell me that Gina Gallo is really a actress that`s in Days Of Our Lives!!! Winoweenie

- winecollector - 06-26-2000

If Margaux really isn't a she, And this is some guy having an identity crisis, perhaps he should have chosen the name Boy George instead?