WineBoard
An Update On Things - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: An Update On Things (/thread-20649.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Innkeeper - 10-17-2004

Last Thursday we closed on our property in Middleton, NH, where we are going to put our modular home after we sell this one. Before we got home on Friday our realtor had shown our home to some people who were looking for a home like ours in a village like ours. They took a contact home (in R.I.) with them with no numbers on it. In the mean time, when we had our last yard sale last weekend, a lady went through our house, and loved it, and wanted to open a B&B again in it. She is sending her sig other up this next weekend to check it out. It looks fairly promising that we may be selling soon.

When we got back on Friday, it was the start of our biggest weekend here in Searsport. We call it Fling Into Fall. I’m on the committee, so I had to help out with a lot of things on Friday night and then again at O-dark thirty on Saturday morning. Came home around 8 AM or so and picked up Bev and took here next store to breakfast to the “Hall.” At 11 AM we had our parade. We had a “W” mask and a “K” mask for people to wear in the parade. Our leader grabbed the “W” mask, and the rest of the committee demanded that I wear the other one, knowing full well that it was not my persuasion. So I put a paper in my pocket that said “POLL” on it with writing under it. As we marched along, I showed it to the bystanders, read it, and then turned around and went to opposite direction. Sorry Dems, but that’s the way I am. One lady got really pissed at me. We wrapped the festivities up last night, fairly late. When I finally got home, Bev was already in bed, so I popped a bottle of Chateau Peyraud. Had a couple of glasses, read a while, and crashed.

This morning we had to go down to Camden for church and brunch. All very nice, and had a White Rum Bloody Mary with the brunch. When we got home, as we had expected two of our kids, our oldest grandson, one son-in-law, and two of their friends were here to pick up some of our stuff. The biggest problem was getting a sofa bed down our back stairs. It took them three hours, and tore up our stairwell to the tune of, we think, a few hundred dollars. They had less of a problem with the standup piano, an antique bed and bedding, and a rocker. When all was loaded up in the rental truck, I fed them sixteen burgers, regular and cheese, and sent them on there way. I finished the Peyraud while cooking the burgers, and thinking about my stairwell. Bev and I had our burgers too. After they left, I popped a Salmon Run Meritage, and we killed it!!!!

- hotwine - 10-17-2004

You deserved it, IK! That's a lot of work for one weekend.

If I had to wear a K mask, it would be on the soles of my boots.

- Bucko - 10-17-2004

You popped "A" bottle. I'd have popped two minimum. Nancy boy .. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 10-18-2004

DEDUTION is in order from their pay!! WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- Georgie - 10-18-2004

Just reading about your weekend is exhausting me, IK. I'm glad things are underway and it's great that you'll have more than one person interested in buying your place. Movng is really stressful, physically, financially and emotionally.

- Innkeeper - 05-01-2005

Well, we have accepted a bid on our house, and signed the contract. He is going to have the place inspected as is normal, and once we pass the inspection, he is to increase the earnest money he has already put down substantially. If all goes well, we will close on June 15. Then we will be homeless for four months while new house is built. So, being in that state, we have no excuse for not heading out to Washington in August.

- hotwine - 05-01-2005

Congrats, IK. Here's hoping the sale goes through smoothly.

- Georgie - 05-02-2005

Great news! I'm excited for you both!

- Kcwhippet - 05-02-2005

About time it came through. Our fingers are crossed that all goes smoothly from this point.

- TheEngineer - 05-02-2005

Good luck! Selling a home is always nerve racking....building one is eve more so!

- Jackie - 05-17-2005

Congratulations. It sounds like everything is moving in the direction you want. I look forward to seeing you in August!

Jackie

- Innkeeper - 05-19-2005

Our current place is a done deal. We just got back from NH; spent all day yesterday with our builder from 9 AM to 6:30 PM without lunch, designing our platz on the puter.

- hotwine - 05-19-2005

Sounds like cork-poppin' time!

- Georgie - 05-20-2005

Super! I'm sure it's wonderful!

- Drew - 05-20-2005

All of our congrats and best wishes IK, home searching, building, re-locating, planning etc. is stressful.

Drew

- Bucko - 05-20-2005

Just how much planning does a teepee take anyway?

- Georgie - 05-20-2005

Ask WW.

- winoweenie - 05-20-2005

It be no problem as long as youse stay outta' the Buffaloes rooting area. WW

- Innkeeper - 05-21-2005

Now the guy wants to move up the closing! At this rate he may be moving in with us for a little while. We are pushing to stay at least till June 15. After that we will be homeless for five months. It will take the factory two months to build the house, and three months for the contractor to finish it on site. Not sure how we will spend all that time. To start with we will be with one of our daughters'. They have a couple of puters, so I'll be around here during that time. After that it will be only when we can get to one of those puter plazes.

Also don't know how Washington in August is going to fit into all this, either time or budgetwise. It may be just when they begin to set the modules onto the foundation. Trying to stay optimistic.

- hotwine - 05-21-2005

As Drew said, it's a stressful process.... even under the best of circumstances. Wishing you the best.

I'm starting to look in earnest for property further out from here, further into the hills. Too many people here now. Would like to find 20-50 ac with good soil so I could try growing grapes and pressing juice. Dunno.... we'll see. That would put us further away from the ranch, but she doesn't want to live there anyway.... too far away from a mall. She's thinking if she can be within an hour of a mall, she'll be happy. Since I've not been inside one in over 20 years, that's the least of my concerns.... but gotta keep her happy.