WineBoard
HOT-DIGGITY-DOG !!!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: HOT-DIGGITY-DOG !!!! (/thread-20543.html)

- winoweenie - 10-07-2001

My closest friends' wifes birthday was last nite SO he had a small party of 35 at our favorite Spanish Rest Altos . Lots of grazing, lots of wine, lots of Paella and a mountain of a head this AM, after being licked awake by my trusty cat Newman. Doing the only normal thing I could think of I opened a bottle of Mountaudin NV, cracked a small 2 oz can of 000 Beluga , and made that sucker go away. The weener be back. Will post tomorrow on a gorgus bottle of RED Sumpin' WW

- Drew - 10-07-2001

I'm truly worried about you....Beluga in the A.M.? [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/eek.gif[/img]

Drew

- winoweenie - 10-08-2001

You eat chicken eggs don' you? WW

- Botafogo - 10-08-2001

Drew, amongst those who can bear the tarrif, caviar and poached or scrambled eggs is a classic breakfast dish.

Once, inspired by a truly outrageos episode of Iron Chef re "luxury items", I made an omelette with four ounces of ossetra, two ounces of white truffles, some sort of insanely rare cheese from the Valtellina and cooked in foie gras drippings. I survived but only because we drank some good rose champers with it.....

Roberto

- Thomas - 10-08-2001

Now that is an omelette!!!!

- Drew - 10-08-2001

Actually, Roberto, your masterpiece sounds incredible but not Beluga and Champagne first thing in the A.M.

Drew

- mrdutton - 10-22-2001

Well now, Roberto's omlette and WW's Beluga and Champagne sure sound better than sunny sides up and chipped beef on a slab o' burnt toast while bouncing from one bulkhead to the other in the middle of a hurricane ....

Was hard to tell whether the slop on the galley deck was spilt eggs and SOS or spilt stomach contents.......... and orange juice.

Thanks the lord for the saltines and the coffee.........

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 10-23-2001).]

- Bucko - 10-22-2001

I'm sooooo confused......

- Drew - 10-23-2001

Sounds like someone's cruisin' Hurricane Alley!

Drew

- Innkeeper - 10-23-2001

You did know he's a retired gob, didn't you?

- winoweenie - 10-23-2001

Please elucidate and educate MisserD. WW

- mrdutton - 10-23-2001

Thot you all knew........ Retired from US Navy after 26 some years.

Spent lots of time at sea, in storms, eating food that was barely recognizable.

Roberto's omelette sounds absolutely delicious (quite a heart clogger; but ain't the good stuff always that way?).

And frankly, I sure would not even mind some good caviar, poached eggs and Champagne for breakfast.

But since a few were making such a fuss about that combination I just thought I'd throw my two cents in - or was that up?

Imagine, if you please, being sea sick and having to face a metal tray loaded with burnt toast, two eggs sunny-up and a big portion of SOS............ (chipped beef with white sauce on toast for you land bound types).

Bucko you still confused or are you now just plain ill?

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 10-23-2001).]

- Bucko - 10-23-2001

Hey, I did 2 years on a tin can out of Mayport. I know all about SOS......

GunnersMate2ndBucko

- hotwine - 10-24-2001

Yeah, so do I. It's what we had for breakfast on a GOOD day. (On one that was not-so-good, we had more C-rats.)

- Innkeeper - 10-24-2001

CREAMED CHIPPED BEEF ON TOAST:

1/4 C Oil (light olive, hazelnut, etc)
1/4 C Flour
2 C Milk
3/4 tsp Granulated onion (onion powder)
1/8 tsp Ground marjoram
1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp Ground white pepper
2 1/2 oz Dry beef chipped
6 slices Good quality (preferably sourdough) toast
Dry marjoram

Whisk oil, flour, and seasonings together. Heat over medium heat. Warm up milk in microwave or on another burner. Off the heat add warm milk to mixture all at once whisking steadily. Bring to boil over medium heat, lower to simmer, and simmer five minutes to cook flour and thicken sauce. Add chipped beef, and warm through. Ladle over toast and sprinkle with dry marjoram.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 10-24-2001).]