WineBoard
Hi everyone! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Hi everyone! (/thread-20439.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- winecollector - 10-30-2002

Hi everyone! Been drinking any good wine lately? Life has been real busy for me... but I have drank some spectacular wines over the past year or so since I've been on here last. Kind of ironic... but I seen winoweenie's on another one of those sabatical thingies... and it just so happens I'm taking the next two months off from wine as well (doing the protein diet thing.) Anyways... I should be around for at least this month, hopefully longer, to give Brother Innkeeper a hard time <big evil grin> and to share some of my finds with you guys. Nice to be back!

- Innkeeper - 10-31-2002

Welcome back WC. I'm so thrilled, I'm leaving for a few days.

- winoweenie - 10-31-2002

Velchomme back Collector Ole' Bean. Glad to have you back aboard. Been sliding off'n thew abstinence more than usual as lots of entertaining and company. WW

- Kcwhippet - 10-31-2002

Just when WC comes back Bucko and IK leave. Is there something going on here I don't know about?

- winecollector - 10-31-2002

Sorry guys... guess I should have bathed first?

- winoweenie - 10-31-2002

Wuldn't have made a tither of dif. Both have noses of fiberglass. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Innkeeper - 11-06-2002

We're baaaaack! Got in yesterday afternoon, and went to a party with our former B&B friends, came home and crashed.

Then we woke up this morning to the INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!

- hotwine - 11-06-2002

Yee-haw! The voters have spoken, long live the voters!

- Botafogo - 11-06-2002

What, you guys are just now hearing that Lula won in Brasil????

(ducking) I have never been so depressed over an election since 1980. Being an anarchist pagan is a tough row to hoe....

Roberto

PS: did any of you actually SEE the woman that Senator Hutchinson sacrificed his career for? Made Linda Tripp look appetizing, she must have skills....

- winoweenie - 11-07-2002

REALITY HAS BEEN REALIZED. ww

- wondersofwine - 11-08-2002

I think I'm more with Roberto. Was especially sorry to see Mondale lose in Minnesota. Democrats won some of the local races in my region--retook a seat in the state legislature after the Republican candidate reneged on her previous campaign pledge to support dollars for public education. (I had voted for her the first time she ran because as a former teacher I thought she would be a strong advocate for education but she voted the party line on the state budget).

- ShortWiner - 11-08-2002

I'm with you, too Roberto. Haven't been so depressed about an election since . . . well, 2000 [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/frown.gif[/img]

- Botafogo - 11-08-2002

Guys, don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed because the Dems lost (although having a Black Senator from Texas would have been cool), I am depressed because of the complete plasticity, hypocricy and general lowest common denominator character of the candidates from BOTH major parties.

Trent Lott reminds me of all the smarmy Church Elders in my Grandmother's Assembly of God congregation who were so holier than thou until they got caught with their hand in the collection plate (or up the skirt of the organist) and the fact that Dick Gephart thinks that ANYONE wants him to be president is so pathetic I cannot summon words.

The DC sniper had the right locale, wrong targets....a pox on all their houses! (Purely metaphorical but you get my anger)

But other than that, business is great, we are finally getting some much needed rain and I am giving myself an early Kwanza present by completely stripping and repainting my classic Alfa Romeo Spider to the Samba Green color of the Brasilian flag.....

Roberto

[This message has been edited by Botafogo (edited 11-08-2002).]

- wondersofwine - 11-08-2002

Yeah, the negative campaigning got to me too. By the time I was casting my vote, I didn't want to vote for either Elizabeth Dole or Erskine Bowles for Senator. And, actually I voted for a different candidate in the Democratic primary. However, Liddy Dole has to be an improvement over Mr. Helms. Except for his support of the military, I opposed almost every thing he did in office.

- hotwine - 11-08-2002

Having THAT fellow as a black senator from Texas would have been tragic - a wild-eyed liberal of Hillary's ilk. The electorate has throroughly repudiated the politics of polarization favored by the Democratic Party, yet they still don't get it, choosing Pelosi as minorty leader. They're doomed. But they ain't gonna be missed.

- Botafogo - 11-08-2002

Hotwine, did you see Molly Ivans on 60 Minutes last week? She was saying how anyone to the left of General Patton is badmouthed as a

Liiiiiiibbbbbbberrrraaaallllll

even if they are what would be considered turncoat wannabe Republicans in other states.

I do not know a lot about the guy but he came off as being, among other things: a Businessman with real world economic experience, more interested in improving the lives of his constituents than idealogical labels and, especially from our perspective here in LaLa Land, about as liberal as your average Chamber of Commerce president.

The biggest problem in this country is that BOTH parties with any chance at governing are nearly indistinguishably centrist and any real deviation from that is considered the radical fringe in either direction. We desparately need to enact at least limited proportional representation so that if, for instance, the Greens or Reform Party or even the KKK or the Anarchists get 5-10% of the vote NATIONWIDE in various races combined then they would get some seats in the legislature so some fresh air could intrude on the process. This is the norm in most democracies unlike our system of bought and paid for proxies for competing Corporate and Union interests.

PS: you want polarizers, what about Bob Doornan, John Ashcroft, Ralph Reed, Lee Atwater, Bob Barr, Ed Meese, Jesse Helms, ect ad nauseum..... And, don't forget NeoCon Babe Ann Coulter who wants to invade Islamic countries and forcibly convert them to Christianity, that's a real uniting approach!

Whoops, huge Indian Tandoori delivery is here, time for Prosecco and Refosco...

Roberto

[This message has been edited by Botafogo (edited 11-08-2002).]

- hotwine - 11-09-2002

The only people in this state who listen to Molly Ivins live in Austin. She's totally irrelevant to the rest of us.

"Man's greatest joy is to vanquish his enemies; to put them to the sword, and drive them from the field in disarray, and clutch to his bosom their weeping wives and children."

Ghengis Khan

- Innkeeper - 11-09-2002

Ghengis is far too liberal for me.

- Botafogo - 11-09-2002

I hate to say it but you not reading her doesn't keep her from being the Will Rogers of our time (except maybe funnier).

Have a great weekend, Roberto

- hotwine - 11-09-2002

Roberto, mon ami, Will Rogers was funny because his humor was self-deprecating. Ivins' humor is at others' expense, never her own.

She's not worthy to scoop his horse's poop.