WineBoard
Your Weekend Wine? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Your Weekend Wine? (/thread-20385.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Auburnwine - 11-14-2003

So, what are you sipping this weekend?

I may have to test the latest batch of Sara's Blend or the Marquis Phillips Shiraz -- or pull out some of the Kilikoonan Siblings for some "wine snob" friends.

- tandkvd - 11-14-2003

Went to a Spanish wine tasting a couple weeks ago and picked up a bottle of Castillo de Moral 1998 Crianza, $7.99 at Total Wine. I think it was Montecillo Rioja Reserva 1996 ($15.99) that we tasted next to it. We all agreed that the Castillo was a better tasting wine. Although I can't recall the taste right now. I will post on it later this weekend.

[This message has been edited by tandkvd (edited 11-14-2003).]

- Kcwhippet - 11-14-2003

At the moment I'm sipping a 2000 Tobin James James gang Reserve Zin just to get in the mood for the weekend. In about two hours we'll be having some cornmeal crusted sole fillets with horseradish mashed and beets. I'm thinking of opening a Dry Creek valley Dry Chenin Blanc to go with. Tomorrow for dinner the wine is going to be a Siduri or Loring Pinot, but I haven't decided what to go with it yet. Sunday will be either a grilled rib eye with a Lewelling or Karl Lawrence Cab, or some pasta with tomato/basil/garlic sauce and ..... something - maybe a Barbera. Life is just fine.

- Georgie - 11-14-2003

I'm on my way to buy Port!

- winedope1 - 11-14-2003

looking at a bottle of William Hill Merlot, Bonny Doon Muscat, and maybe a bottle of Pine Ridge Cab I've been keeping. WD

- Auburnwine - 11-14-2003

Now Georgie, have you tried some of those Aussie Muscats -- or the very nice Bonny Doon Muscat?

[This message has been edited by Auburnwine (edited 11-14-2003).]

- Georgie - 11-14-2003

Nope, but I will happily look for some this weekend. I'll need a reward after I spend all weekend doing report cards!

- Innkeeper - 11-14-2003

Sitting here sipping on an Irish Mist, thinking about what wine to drink this weekend.

- hotwine - 11-15-2003

Which one? Last night, it was '01 Dom. des Amouriers, a VdP de Vaucluse, with BBQ'd brisket, mashers, cauliflower & brocolli. Dunno yet about tonight, maybe more of the same.

- winoweenie - 11-15-2003

Haven't really paid too much attention to wine service this week as last Sat we had to put down a loved member of the family. Working out of the funk I'm opening a 90 and 91 B.V. Reserve tomorrow. One for lunch the other for din-din. Have roasted a 7 lb Prime Rib which will serve as fodder for the stomach and the Georges fodder for the soul. Will dutifully post notes Monday. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 11-15-2003).]

- Innkeeper - 11-15-2003

Had the Crespin, Arlequin (Le vin des humanistes), Chinon again tonight. Loved it, but got to get out of this rut. Who knows what is coming tomorrow?

- wondersofwine - 11-15-2003

KCWhippet, look forward to your notes on the Siduri or Loring P.N. Also WW's notes on the B.V. Reserve. I am opening an Australian Pinot Noir--Aldgate Ridge or something like that--and will report later. Decided to save the Cote de Nuits Village until I make penne or ziti with Marsala Sauce. (I bought the sauce at a Junior League HollyDays Fair. It has porcini mushrooms in the sauce which you can really taste, and I thought rather than just do chicken or veal marsala I would try it with pasta.) The Cote de Nuit Burgundy (which I tried at a restaurant) has a mushroomy element so I think it will pair nicely with the sauce on the pasta. We'll see.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 11-16-2003).]

- Georgie - 11-15-2003

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, WW. There are few things harder in life than losing a beloved pet.

- Drew - 11-15-2003

Sorry to hear of your loss, Verne, we put down "Monroe", our 11 year old Bulldog, last week...I'm with ya buddy.

Drew

- quijote - 11-15-2003

Sorry about the bad news, WW and Drewbeard.

Today I picked up a Batasiolo Dolcetto d'Alba for $10, so that is my weekend wine. It's pretty light and tasty, and goes well with grading midterm exams.

- winoweenie - 11-16-2003

Thanks guys. Forgot how derned attached you can get to the critters. This was the little girl who taught herself to tinkle in the commode just like us. Sorry about your loss Drew. I'll raise a glass to both Socksie and Monroe tonight. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 11-16-2003).]

- wondersofwine - 11-16-2003

WW, do you have other pets? Will you be getting another dog do you think? It sounds like your child bride already has you house trained so you might be ready to take on another pet.

- winoweenie - 11-16-2003

WOW we'll be getting another girl kitty as soon as we get back from Mexico. She was my CBs' child and Newman, the male,is my kitty.
Get me to the beach ASAP!!!!ww

- Innkeeper - 11-16-2003

Youse guys won't believe what we had tonight! Will post if and when we recover.

- ShortWiner - 11-17-2003

Condolences to both you guys--the furry things bring us so much happiness; it's hard to see them go.