WineBoard
New User Interface... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: New User Interface... (/thread-20345.html)

- andrawes76 - 11-26-2010

Friends, so as you can tell the new user interface, wine search and comment tool is live. We are going to figure out a way to input everyone's wine review into a wine show page. A wine show page is a page that is attributed to a specific wine (and vintage). It will be featured as a community review.

Also, for every wine review on the winery show page, we will be doing a special promotion for a few months where for every 20 wine reviews you get a free bottle of wine shipped to you from a merchant in your state.

We will also be adding social bookmarking (facebook and twitter) to the wine reviews so that people can post a review and send out a shared message on their social platform of choice.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve Wines.com, please hit me up and let me know. My email is very easy, its alex at wines.... you know the rest.

Happy Holidays, Peace, Health, Prosperity to all!

- Innkeeper - 11-26-2010

Thanks for the wishes, and update news.

I really wish we could could get the broken threads fixed. That's Food and Wine Affinities, and Storage and Racking. The Food Affinity thread has always been one of most popular threads and because of the problems there has not been a post since September. I'm sure people had all kinds of questions about Candadian and American Thanksgivings and other holidays that have occured since September.

- Thomas - 11-26-2010

PW,

New user interface isn't live here. Can't click on it.

- winoweenie - 11-26-2010

What be live interface???? WW

- Drew - 11-27-2010

Alex, help us out...I don't see anything related to an interface.

Drew

- Thomas - 11-27-2010

At the top, underneath the headings there are three items with a folder to the left, just above Post New Topic/Post Reply:

wines.com WineBoard
Talk With Your Moderators
New User Interface...

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 11-27-2010).]

- Drew - 11-27-2010

Ok, thanks, so the specific item thread IS the new user interface and there's no direct interaction with us...correct?

Drew

- Thomas - 11-27-2010

Drew,

That's where I'm lost.

If you go back and look at the flow chart (the lines connecting the folders) the User Interface is not connected to us. But it also has no link to click on.

At this point, I have no idea what it is supposed to be doing and PW seems to be off on one of his fabulous trips having, I'm sure, a much better time than he would dealing with our questions [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 11-27-2010).]

- andrawes76 - 11-27-2010

Guys I see the problem, the navigation at the top is outdated. Also, the threads that IK is talking about are going to be fixed. To see the new user interface of wines.com you'll need to type [url=http://www.wines.com]www.wines.com[/url] into the browser and start from there.

The site does a lot of the things that Snooth and Wine-Searcher does but will do it with more strength, provide more content with regards to wines and show more videos associated with specific wines. I will be working on a way to put the tens of thousands of wine tasting notes from this Wine Board into the appropriate wines in a way that CellarTracker does it.

Also, we will be working on ways to improve traffic to the Wine Board to encourage more activity here and also highlight the blog which is really getting a lot of great content pushed into it...

Again if I dont answer fast enough here, feel free to call or email me. Alex at wines dot com

- Innkeeper - 12-13-2010

Thanks for fixing the broken thread PW. Merry Christmas.

- andrawes76 - 12-13-2010

You betcha! Let me know if you see any more issues... FYI you guys tested out the site lately? Its getting a lot more traffic, hoping it corresponds to more Forum traffic!