WineBoard
EATING BIRTHDAY CAKE - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: EATING BIRTHDAY CAKE (/thread-20274.html)

- Jerry D Mead - 05-14-1999 08:50 AM

I'll be away from The Wine Board until Monday or Tuesday next (back May 17 or 18)...it's my big 60 and am spending the weekend celebrating "Bobby Darin's Birthday" (a date I share with the old rocker) at a series of tastings and dinners in and around Reno, Nevada.

I'm sure you'll fine without me...Bucko, Randy, Foodie and Van, among others...will no doubt have all the questions answered before I return.

I hope you all have as good a weekend as I'm going to have...opening up some really good, really old stuff.

JDM

- amshih - 05-14-1999 10:38 AM

Happy b-day Curmy -- enjoy your break, you deserve it!

- Thomas - 05-14-1999 11:33 AM

You are too young!! Happy b'day Jerry.

Bobby Darin, huh. I share a birthday with Wally Post -- anyone know the name?

- winoweenie - 05-15-1999 08:51 AM

Wasn`t wally the guy who teamed with Barb wire to tame the west? Could have been that lousy pilot Amelias lawyers are lookin` for. WW

- winoweenie - 05-15-1999 08:52 AM

This is the last time Curmy.....HAPPY B.D.

- Thomas - 05-15-1999 10:19 AM

You are talking of Wiley Post. Not the same guy. Keep trying!! Hint: he was a boy of summer.

- Jackie - 05-20-1999 10:40 AM

Bobby Darin's birthday was great. The wine tasting on Friday was lucious. The show Saturday was delightful & the seats were unbeatable. Sunday at Adele's was the perfect setting for conversation & wonderful food and wine. I loved every minute. Next year I hope more Wine Board folks join in.

Happy Birthday again, Jerry. Thanks for a really terrific weekend.

- winoweenie - 05-22-1999 11:21 AM

What a bunch of lucky suckers there in Reno . Next year I`m putting the date on my " to-do " calendar and will try like the blazes to attend. WW