WineBoard
Web Cam Feed at Glenora - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Web Cam Feed at Glenora (/thread-20246.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Jackie - 05-07-2004

I am wondering if anyone would want to work with me to set up a feed to the website from our get together in Glenora?

Those of us who can't get there would LOVE to be little flies on the wall.

Jackie

- Innkeeper - 05-08-2004

Sounds like a great idea, but eons beyond my technical know how. Maybe someone else is more savy.

- winoweenie - 05-08-2004

Whats a feed? Whats a web-site??? Your technically challenged desert-rat WW [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- chittychattykathy - 05-09-2004

Okay, web feed, make that happen! Want to see WW in his shorts...
(I'd do it for you if I was coming.)
How about the next get together on the west coast... Washington? I'd love to set it up!
And here is my little piece of news... I, "poster child" for the urban lifestyle, quit my beloved/hated corporate wine rep job and am now in the process of moving out to the middle of Washington wine country. Yes, I'll be living in a city barely twice the population of my old high school, in a 100 year old house that was built before electric even came into the county.
Off to the valley & very excited!
CCK

- winoweenie - 05-09-2004

Congrats there CCK. Tried calling you yesterday with no answer. Used the 206-362 #. Is it still relevant? E me at vbatchelor3@cox.net. WW

- Innkeeper - 05-09-2004

Great news Kats. We're sure you'll love the rural life as we do. Incidentally we have put our house on the market (too big for us) and will eventually move to rural NH to get closer to kids and grandkids.

- Thomas - 05-09-2004

CCK, that is what I did when I came to the Finger Lakes--it's a hard turn, but a rewarding one nonetheless. Are you entering the wine production community?

Buon opportune.

- hotwine - 05-09-2004

Alright! Best wishes there, Kat. Hope you'll be far enough out that your community won't be swallowed up by urban sprawl any time soon. That's what's happened to us after 25 years, and I'm ready to move further out.

- Bucko - 05-09-2004

Read that to mean that the neighbors are complaining about the smoke cloud coming out of Hotsie's smoker....... similar to a nuclear attack. [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 05-09-2004

Actually Buck-Snort, the Fire Dept has requested Hotsie move as they fielded 27 false alarms from his neighbors in 3 months. WW [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- hotwine - 05-09-2004

Unfortunately, those comments have the ring of truth. Have had the local volunteer FD show up twice over the last few years, thinking my back yard was on fire. And the neighbors on the north side are real quick to close their side-entry garage when I fire one of those babies up. South wind blows the smoke straight into their house, hee hee. Today the wood was damp from almost 2" of rain Friday, so it was good and smokey. Sure smelled nice, though, if I do say so.

- chittychattykathy - 05-09-2004

WW- Thanks! Have sent you an email off! Will send you a bottle of wine from a new winery (first vintage) soon, before it gets too hot to mail.

IK- Thanks! So, you are both going deeper into the country or closer to a city? I’d still love to see a photo of the Inn. Rural life will be quite a change—the smallest place I’ve ever lived still had 24,000 people and was 10 miles from 200,000+ people.

Foodie- Thanks! Yes, I will be getting into the wine production side of things, but my main focus for the next year will be writing about what’s going on in the valley-- getting people over for events while still holding two or three smaller events (each month) in Seattle. Prosser is working on funding to build a wine center much like Copia, but as I tell my friends in Seattle without all the Mondavi funding. A lot of work! Location is set and they have hired a PR person to start fundraising. Should be a great center!

Hotsie- Thanks to you too! (You’re all too good!) Tri-Cities will be the closest urban area and there is little likelihood of “sprawl” from that direction...
My new town with a population of 5,000 is one of the larger towns in the area.
& maybe you SHOULD move a little further out, 27 false alarms? Really now, can’t you do better? LOL. Seriously though, would love to be your neighbor if the “smoke” meant dinner was being prepared for me too!!!

For the fun of sharing--
True story here and I swear, not my normal weekend… (yet)
My second cousin lives about eight miles out of (my new) town on 60+ acres. We spent last Saturday, along with two of my guy friends from Seattle (no comments here WW!) having a blast of a day! Started by touring vineyards, talking shop, drinking beer, and BBQ’n salmon. Then moved onto shooting skeet over the Yakima river, target practicing, drinking wines we should not have been opening-- all high-end wines, we could have been drinking franzia at this point! Then building a blazing fire next to the river, at which time we were up to passing around/taking hits off bottles of red Pineau des Charentes and Covey Run ice wine. All this followed up by John and Scott firing off mortars (sp?) over the alfalfa fields (beautiful fireworks show) at one a.m. (We never did ride the tractor or the ATV. Probably for the best.)

I AM HOOKED on country life!!! [img]http://wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

BTW- This would not be “our” weekend if we get a Wine Board trip planned for Washington! I am a serious person,
and a very serious wine person…
(Our weekend would be much more fun!)
CCK

- Innkeeper - 05-10-2004

To see a picture of our current digs, go to Google and click on "Images." Then type in my name: Carl Eppig. What you get is one simple picture of our place. Some site forgot to take it down when we closed.

- hotwine - 05-10-2004

Kat - off the wall question: Any idea how to find investment opportunities in WA wine country?

- hotwine - 05-10-2004

Nice looking place, Carl. Too bad the pic won't expand. Looks like it's an "index" page, and the data behind it was taken down without killing the index entry.

Got a virus alert on the email you sent. Dunno what's going on there.

- Georgie - 05-10-2004

I agree...I'd love to have that barbecue smoke wafting into my house! Yum....

- chittychattykathy - 05-10-2004

IK- That is just lovely! As I expected! J
Good luck with the move, I am not looking forward to mine.
Keep wandering each day; “when did I buy all this stuff?!”
Lots of things not going over the mountains with me.

Hotsie- Well, yeah, I do actually know how to find some right now. And there are many more I am sure I’ll find once I get working over there. Email me.
Go to winestyle.com and click on contact.
CCK

- Innkeeper - 05-10-2004

Don't tell me about stuff Kat. Right now we are packing some up (set of dishes, etc) for daughter that was up this weekend.

Folks let's get back to Jackie's question before we run out of time. Anybody got any serious ideas?

- glenora - 05-12-2004

Hello

Not sure about web-cams but I am sure we can get some digital pics out on a regular basis--how do we post pictures here?

Gene

- Kcwhippet - 05-12-2004

We're bringing our digital camera, so we should have plenty of pictures to add. Web cams are beyond the scope of my expertise.